Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by andylulzyou, Feb 8, 2011.
imoseyon: Differences between rubix and liberty
applied most of the build.prop and sys settings for vm, but i havent noticed any speed increase. quadrant has been much lower since going from 1.0 to 1.5, so thats why i gave this a try. but i dont see any results really (through quadrant or normal use)
I just flashed the .zip, but did you do the tweaks to the kernal and the CpuFrequency.
Unfortunately I haven't run any Quadrant Tests before or after.. but my battery seems to be very much improved.
no i didnt flash the zip, but i changed my build.prop a little. 30 -> 48m on the dalvick cache, 60 -> 85 for max events, sysctl changed accorind to all values listed, changed the scaling and up threshold.
no performance enhancements (or disadvantages), and my battery life was incredible before, but i'll have to see how it goes with this. i cant imagine getting more than 30+ hours under pretty moderate use
Yeah on 1.5 I was lucky to have 60% left after 5 hours of use, I think it's going to be hard to notice any difference in speed because most of that can attributed to what launcher you are running.. and I don't really have any faith in quadrants.
The link looks interesting but it went right over my head...I'm such a noob (as you know lol) but have you seen alot of positive feed back about the zip, and does it change the apperence of the rom etc...LCD density,and so on?
It uses the stock density, you could try it out by downloading the .zip and mounting system then installing (Clockwork) if you don't like it you could just flash the Liberty Rom over top without a wipe.
Something that I tried out last night that seemed to help my performance, but goes against the tweaks made in RubiX.
After Droid Overclock was updated, I tried out some of the advanced settings. After setting Sysctl (I'm not even sure what those tweaks did, to be honest) according to the other thread on DroidForums, I played around with "Up threshold".
I noticed that the default was set to 86. As I increased it toward 100, and eventually set it at 100, the phone got noticeably slower. Scrolling was choppier and menus were "heavier". So I tried what logically came next: I decreased the "Up threshold". The more I decreased, the faster it got. I'm sitting at 5% now and the phone is the fastest it's ever been (no, not a placebo effect).
When I tap on an icon, the app instantly opens. Menus feel super light and I can zip right through them.
Just my 2 cents.
EDIT: The only problem though, is that the threshold resets to 86% if you completely close Droid Overclock or if it FC's.
If its like the up threshold in setcpu that controls how fast the phone will ramp up to the max setting you have. However because it will ramp up faster it also drains battery a little faster.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
Oooo that would make sense. I guess it decides when to ramp up CPU speed based on CPU usage % (just a guess). Well that's good to know. I haven't run into any battery problems yet, but at least I'll know where to look if I do.