Rubix 1.6 USB does not work

scubieman

Reaction score
I have a droid x with rubix 1.6 fresh install yesterday. I went home last night and worked. I came back to work and now I can't get USB to work. My computer screen and my droid screen does nothing. I power reset phone and usb mode works for awhile. I have not changed anything on phone. Unsure if a app is not liking it.

I did do a clean install of ROM, which I Wipe Data/Cache.

Edit: If I start using the power AC to charge phone It works prefect. Usb does not charge nor allow usb.

sephtin

Reaction score
I have a droid x with rubix 1.6 fresh install yesterday. I went home last night and worked. I came back to work and now I can't get USB to work. My computer screen and my droid screen does nothing. I power reset phone and usb mode works for awhile. I have not changed anything on phone. Unsure if a app is not liking it.

I did do a clean install of ROM, which I Wipe Data/Cache.

Edit: If I start using the power AC to charge phone It works prefect. Usb does not charge nor allow usb.

1) Make sure that you have the very latest version of the USB Drivers:
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip

2) someone stated that when this happened to him, he was able to unmount the SDCard:
Menu> Settings> SD card & phone storage> Unmount SD card
disconnect and reconnect the phone, and it worked.. (?).
(a reboot should remount the sdcard...)

3) something else I believe I read somewhere.. If you shutdown the phone, and pull the battery out of the phone, then connect it to the USB Port, and let it boot.. then put the battery back in... what happens?

Don't know for sure, but throwing out ideas.. whatever fixes this, please let us know!

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
i tried the unmount SD card but could not remount unless I rebooted. So i did so and I got usb option now but it always worked after a reboot.

Also you run stock OTA 2.2 right?

Edit: I have the latest drivers. If it fails again im going to leave it and try it at home. It could be my computer or cable. It does not seem to fit though being if I reboot phone it fixes it.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
i tried the unmount SD card but could not remount unless I rebooted. So i did so and I got usb option now but it always worked after a reboot.

Also you run stock OTA 2.2 right?

Edit: I have the latest drivers. If it fails again im going to leave it and try it at home. It could be my computer or cable. It does not seem to fit though being if I reboot phone it fixes it.

You said it's a work computer.. it's possible that they have a policy in place that keeps devices from connecting, drivers from loading, etc.
?

Not ruling anything out. :S

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
It worked perfect last night. Unless something changed.

sephtin

Reaction score
It worked perfect last night. Unless something changed.

weird. I'd also add to the list of things to try:
reboot the computer.
Windows.. always rebooting for something or other. :S

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
Well I tried a different computer. One that has never had droid connect. The usb says unknown device. Then says unable to mount.

Mine was saying also "Unkown device" which his did too

I tried a different computer. So that elimates computer and cable. But how can it be my phone? The other different app I installed was bluetooth file transfer but removed it.

sephtin

Reaction score
Well I tried a different computer. One that has never had droid connect. The usb says unknown device. Then says unable to mount.

Mine was saying also "Unkown device" which his did too

I tried a different computer. So that elimates computer and cable. But how can it be my phone? The other different app I installed was bluetooth file transfer but removed it.

Are the moto USB Charging drivers on the computer?

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
Not sure. I removed all drives. Im going to pull battery and SD card blow on it to clear dust. Possible sd card issue HOPE NOT. I will install drivers while do so and get back to you.

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
Still nothing. I will probably flash back to my stock OTA modified that did work and see if it's rubix. Or I may just wait till tomorrow and try both home computers after work.

mr_brady

Reaction score
Exactly same situation with my DX as well. Except I'm on a Mac.

What I've noticed is if I boot into Bootloader and tell it to mount the SD card, it shows up on the computer fine, which leads me to think it's an issue with the ROM.

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
I'm going to try it at home on my linux computer. I think it maybe 2 things. Either the motorola made a driver update that does not accept custom ROMS. or issue with computer. I was able to get usb earlier. But nothing works now. I have read this as known issues with others but can't find the result. I will probably try linux computer then if still nothing flash back to stock OTA .

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
I found out the issue it was titanium backup when I restored apps that were backed up with stock rom too rubix rom.

So I reinstalled and good to go.

Last edited: