rubix 1.0 help

Jedb

Reaction score
i just put rubix 1.0 onto my droid x and it worked great, i like it but i go into astro file manager and it says i have nothing on my sd card.. which i know i have stuff on my sd card cause it says i do when its on my computer.. and i have bootstrap app on my sd card so i want to install it with astro but its saying nothing is there... and when i go to settings phone and sd storage it says unavaliable under sd storage.. help? thanks!

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
Well I tried using rom manager on rubix 1.0 but it said I beef to mount sd card... But when I went to settings to mount my sd card it was greyed out... Any help on how to mount it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Have you rebooted your phone? Maybe power it off, take out the SD card and put it back in. I had to do that once, but it was before I used a rom.

luv2increase

Reaction score
That is a bummer. I assure you it doesn't have anything to do with Rubix though. Reboot your phone. It actually sounds like your sdcard may be somewhat failing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea. Rubix was so cool and im not blaming it on rubix but yeah ill try putting it back in... do you think if I go into recovery the select mount sd card?

TWong1200

Reaction score
When you look at your SD Card status in the Settings menu, does it show mounted or unmounted? If unmounted, see if you can mount it from there. If not, and you've tried the reboot with no luck, boot into recovery and install RubiX 1.0 again with no formatting at all. The ROM will automatically format system and mount system and reinstall just the ROM. Maybe that'll help. Could be a bug. Another thing to do is take the card out and attach it to your computer directly with the MicroSD adapter to see if you can even read its contents or not. If not, you could have a corrupt card.

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
It says its unmounted but its greyed out to mount it.. And my computer recognizes it but in on stock rom my back up I made but I also made a backup of my rubix.. and right now my sd card I'd mounted... So think I should just re install rubix?

TWong1200

Reaction score
Reinstalling the way I mentioned will not harm anything. Your data will still be there as well as anything you've added to your home screens. The only thing you'll lose is any themes you've installed. Worth a shot, IMO.

sephtin

Reaction score
i just put rubix 1.0 onto my droid x and it worked great, i like it but i go into astro file manager and it says i have nothing on my sd card.. which i know i have stuff on my sd card cause it says i do when its on my computer.. and i have bootstrap app on my sd card so i want to install it with astro but its saying nothing is there... and when i go to settings phone and sd storage it says unavaliable under sd storage.. help? thanks!

Didn't see this thread before, but guessing I answered this a little while ago in another thread..

When your sdcard is missing, is your phone connected to your computer, and in USB Mass storage mode?

When your sdcard is mounted on your computer, it will become unmounted on your phone...

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
No I disconnected it and it was still unmounted.. I think I'm just going to re install it completely.. And I have a question..i made two back ups one of rubix and one of my old stock rom in recovery..can I delete those somehow?

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
When you look at your SD Card status in the Settings menu, does it show mounted or unmounted? If unmounted, see if you can mount it from there. If not, and you've tried the reboot with no luck, boot into recovery and install RubiX 1.0 again with no formatting at all. The ROM will automatically format system and mount system and reinstall just the ROM. Maybe that'll help. Could be a bug. Another thing to do is take the card out and attach it to your computer directly with the MicroSD adapter to see if you can even read its contents or not. If not, you could have a corrupt card.

When you say install it with no formatting at all what does that mean no formatting?

sephtin

Reaction score
No I disconnected it and it was still unmounted.. I think I'm just going to re install it completely.. And I have a question..i made two back ups one of rubix and one of my old stock rom in recovery..can I delete those somehow?

Those backups should be held in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ folder.

sephtin

Reaction score

When you say install it with no formatting at all what does that mean no formatting?

I'm sure he means to not wipe data/cache/system, etc. (to format, is a computer term meaning to wipe clean... as in:
dictionary.reference.com:
Format- ... 6b. "to prepare (a disk) for writing and reading."

HTH!

OP
J

Jedb

Reaction score
Oh okay cool yeah I think I'm going to reinstall it and see how it goes