Rubik 2.0 FRG22D Pre-Release

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by drod2169, Aug 26, 2010.

1. drod2169

drod2169 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I know I've laid low for a while, definitely passed my week time line, but I guess that's the plus side of not being too well known, that I can do that and take my time to learn new things

So far the change log is:

Leak:
    Switched to FRG22D Base
    Deodexed, Zipaligned, Optimized by me
    Auto Scaling (No Set CPU!)
    50mb free RAM at all times
    HQ Video Recording Tweak
    Hosts blocked by default
    Boot Animation Removed for space in /system
    57.44 MB Free space in /system total
    DL Crutch Lite included
    ADW Launcher included (newest)

Source:
    Base switched to CVPCS's Sapphire (I've found that in my switching back and forth from ROM's, Sapphire seems to have the best battery life and smoothest response out of the source builds I've used, next to Lithium)
    Synced to Sapphire's GITHub as of 8/25/2010
    FRG22D Proprietary Apps/Drivers used
    Completely Zipaligned and Optimized by me
    Auto Scaling
    HQ Recording Tweak
    Hosts Blocked
    Boot animation removed
    DL Crutch Lite & ADW Included

I'm kind of at a sticking point.. I haven't learned too much else in the past week or so, so this is where you guys come in

What else would you like to see in the final release? What themes compatible? What special features? Toss me some ideas to go ahead and push out to YOU, and help me learn as well to keep impressing my teacher in class and get me on the road to making this my futuredancedroid
  2. laclark2002

laclark2002 New Member

Personally I love the Watermark'd theme that is done by stewart1champ. His theme is by far the most beautiful peice of work I have seen in awhile and it doesn't take too many resources to use.

Additionally, building in auto-scaling for speed would be handy. :)
  3. theramblervison

theramblervison New Member

sooooo when are the links gonna be dropped so we can check out this beast? Glad Sapphire is now the sourse, I have been running it recently and it's smooth. I second the Watermark theme and also of course call for some of Jsin Legacy's to be included, I would luv to see his Deadpool theme in full effect on this ROM
  4. drod2169

Auto-Scaling is built in to both the source and the leak build :)

Honestly you should of seen the dumb mistakes I made tweaking the stock kernel values and governor. Booted the rom up and it ran slower than.. well it's too early for me to come up with jokes but you get the point

Now the leak build is running very smooth, very fast. Faster than Rubik 1.5 Leak or Source builds

What kind of scripts would you guys like to see? I'm putting the finishing touches on the rom, other than porting themes it's basically done, my source build's update.zip is compiling while I'm in class to test.

Also, if a few would like to test for me that'd be great, I'm the only one testing it right now and it's hard to catch all the bugs :)
  5. drod2169

Add me on gtalk, drod2169@gmail.com
  6. laclark2002

laclark2002 New Member

I'd love to test. I have flashed a lot of ROMS. Scripts I would like are as follows:

Ability the ability to enable and disable Ads
    Ability to Free up additional memory beyond 50MB if desired
    Ability to Enable or Disable Camera/Recording Sounds

Additionally if you can get the music toggle feature to work that would be cool too. (Long Press on the Volume Up or Down button changes the song)
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 New Member

sounds good so far......:)
  8. drod2169

I'll add a script for the ads, but they're disabled by default
    50mb is free of ram, but my idea for scripts are to add tweaks at 25mb values, i.e. stock, 25mb extra, skip 50 since its default, 75mb, 100
    camera/recording sounds i'll do as well, didn't even think about that

Music toggle doesn't seem too hard, I'll get to work on that as well after class. (Which by the way is pretty boring right now, going over binary and other number systems :blink:)

edit: laclark, go ahead and add me on gmail and i'll toss you a link, easier to converse for bugs and what not over gmail than pm's
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  9. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

Man I love the sound of this, sapphire is such a clean source. I'd like to see zipalign apks, and "Incognito".
  10. drod2169

Yeah it is, cvpcs and the sapphire team did an amazing job on it. When I learn my own battery tweaks, I'm going to build from AOSP myself. Going to look in to editing GEM Settings as well to add scripts to be executed for the source build

zipalign_apks will be included as a script as well, and all themes i port will be optimized and zipaligned for speed and functionality.

I like incognito as well, never got it to work on my phone for some reason, i kept losing functionality of my phone app. Will port that over as well.
  11. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

Brother it sounds like you're putting out a contender, good luck man I've got massive respect for you guys...it's such an insane amount of work. Are you working with Boost on this or flying solo? By the way the phone issues are ironed out in Incognito 1.3.
  12. theramblervison

theramblervison New Member

I see an option I would like and I'm sure a lot of us would is the option to reboot from your end menu: So it would be

silent mode
    airplane mode
    reboot
    power off
  13. mr4r4n

mr4r4n Developer Developer

I've been waiting on ur roms, rubik is awsome, the theme I've been trying to port around was adams smoked glass I've been sucessful so far I like what you do with the roms I just can't wait for the release!

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk
  14. drod2169

with boost. this will be a team awesome release. boost is sending me his tweaked version tonight

i'm hoping jakes new kernels are done by the time the rom is as well. sweet, i'll def port over 1.3 then

therambler: i'm not too sure if that's possible with a leak build, if i recall, source builds offer more customization as far as all of that goes, i.e. more things in settings, reboot option, etc. so it'll be in the source build, but i'll look into it for both builds

i'm AIMING for a sunday release, but don't take my word for it, you guys know how release dates are with this stuff if you're not ironing out the last few kinks already. i'm still adding stuff, and i want to port at least 5 themes over for the initial release. planned are:

watermark'd
    xTheme
    incognito
    black bar
    red glass v2
    smoked glass
    blueberry frozen yogurt (it's very nice for those who like blue themes)

mr4r4n: if you need help porting themes, toss me a gtalk invite and i'll try and help you with any issues that you're having if i can
  15. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

Any news?
    ten
  16. drod2169

Expect a release tomorrow.

I'm shooting for tonight, but I have a crapload of homework tonight, including a quiz and a paper, so if I get done early enough I'll be releasing, but tomorrow's more likely.
  17. amosavitas

amosavitas New Member

Right on right on right on...do work man, god am I glad that I'm done with school.
  18. rakoskjc

rakoskjc New Member

what kernels will work with this

???? i tried jakes kernel which works fine except i get bootloop when using wifi? any ideas?
  19. drod2169