Rstapps Issue with SS 4.5

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ArmoredCavalry, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

Hi, first off, thanks for the great ROM Chevy, I appreciate the work you have put into it, easily my favorite ROM I have used so far.

This brings me to my issue, which is with 4.5. It seems that there is a problem when restoring apps that a couple people, including myself, have been experiencing.

It sounds like this a a known issue from looking back through the 4.5 thread. For now I guess the solution would be to use Titanium backup in place of bkapps? Thanks for any info.
  2. brad r

brad r New Member

What issue are you referring to, specifically? If it's force closing during rstapps, just ignore it, and let it do it's thing anyway, and reboot when it's done.
  3. mozicodo

mozicodo New Member

I had problems also. It force closed SU which just horked everything up.
  4. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

SuperUser force closes, which leads to everything becoming messed up.

I've tried just letting it run through and rebooting, with no luck. Restored apps (like LauncherPro) simply force close as soon as they start.
  5. joshk

joshk New Member

I had the same issue ever since the beginning of the scripts. Could never get to the bottom of it. I have a thread started for this. I tried everything and my solution was TB. Im starting to think that it has to do with certain apps not being rstapps or even bkapps friendly. It honestly wasnt worth it to me to try and get rid of all my apps and put them back on one by one, using bkapps and rstapps after each install just to find which one it would hang on. I see that being the only ture way to get it figured out. Nothing against Chevy or any of the things he does for US. Those with issues just have to do what you can. These scripts werent always there. If you truly like the work in S.S. then you will so whatever it takes to follow him and stick with it. This is not intended for any poster in this tread, but I see too many people leaving S.S. only because they are too lazy to try and work with the dev to figure out the bugs. Or they wont take a different route, like Titanium Backup, to get things the way they want. Enough ranting. Chevy you are by far the best all around dev. Keep up the good work, thanks for everything you do!!

JOSH
  6. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

i was board so decided to give ss a try. simply the easiest rom installed to date. bkapps\rsapps worked perfect. the whole experience was a piece of cake. installed my favorite theme 928 over it, not one complaint. i must have a good hand set for most everything i do works, lucky i guess. my two cents great job.

cheers!
  7. joshk

joshk New Member

Indeed a lot of people have different experiences but I can bet that most everyone has just as "good" of a handset. The issue posted here isnt like kernel issues. Most issues are with compatibility, once the small issues get resolved in the later version, most will have the same success. Glad to hear of your success. Good Luck in the future as well.

JOSH
  8. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

All droids are not created equal my friend. If they were we would all have the same experiences. What rom did you come from and did you wipe before installing 4.5?