RSD Lite wont recognize TAR file

themistah

Reaction score
i have been trying to look for a solution but cant find anything .. i run RSD lite it finds my phone but when i go look for file it wont find FXZ file.

wilboy

Reaction score
i have been trying to look for a solution but cant find anything .. i run RSD lite it finds my phone but when i go look for file it wont find FXZ file.
What are you trying to do?Just going back to stock and reroot?or trying to flash your kernel-webtop and baseband?If you have a latest kernel you will fail using RSD unless if you're still in 5.886 kernel...afaik..

OP
themistah

themistah

Reaction score
rsd lite 5.5 i choose my device then when i press (...) button it doesnt read tar files .....i ended up using a different file and it worked ........i was trying to restore my phone since nothing else worked .....i had formatted files i shouldnt of erased.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
themistah

themistah

Reaction score
I was on 893 when i bricked it and forever root would finish but my phone still wouldnt boot....

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
I was on 893 when i bricked it and forever root would finish but my phone still wouldnt boot....

Here is a method I used with success in a similar situation. It's very effective if you have any experience working in the command window.
How to get your phone back on the upgrade path...

T
he first step actually flashes in 6 parts, not four, that could be due to the differences from Windows 7 and XP Pro.

Last edited:

breedingh8

Reaction score
rsd lite 5.5 i choose my device then when i press (...) button it doesnt read tar files .....i ended up using a different file and it worked ........i was trying to restore my phone since nothing else worked .....i had formatted files i shouldnt of erased.

Untar first

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums