RSD Lite Recognition

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by idinostar, Apr 4, 2010.

1. idinostar

idinostar New Member

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in for this issue, but I am having issues with the drivers for my droid. I wish to flash back to 2.0.1 and have followed the instructions http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html here, but I cannot get RSD lite to detect my droid! I think it's because it's automatically installing drivers so the device comes up as "Motorola User Interface". How do I get it to detect the drivers I installed?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot! I'm running Windows 7 Home
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit flavor of Win 7? And did you install the USB drivers to match that flavor? When I installed the drivers it would not install. Said I had a more updated version of the drivers. Then when I connected my phone it installed the drivers it needed. So if you already have the most up to date driver package, windows will find and install the drivers when you connect and start running commands. If you install the USB driver pack listed on the instructions you posted and it does not give you the error saying you have the most up to date drivers already then I bet you used the wrong bit flavor.

I got my USB drivers directly from Motorola long before I ever played with RSD Lite. Go to their site and make sure you have the most up to date USB drivers first...then start all over again...to inlcude the USB drivers listed in the instructiuons (just to be sure).

Nate
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

4. idinostar

idinostar New Member

I apologize,

I am running Windows 7 Home 64-bit. I just double checked the installation file I downloaded and it's the correct one. I've tried uninstalling the "Motorola User Interface" driver and preventing my computer from auto detecting it, but alas, it just reinstalls as the same thing.

If anyone can tell me where exactly the 64-bit installer puts the .ins driver file, I can do it manually. :p I'm not sure what the actual driver is named.
  5. blkonblk17

blkonblk17 New Member

I had the same problem last night and finally got it to work. Delete everything. Install RSD Lite first. Then install the drivers 4.5.0 found on the motorola site. Google motorola droid drivers. Reboot your system after each uninstall and install. Once that is done connect your droid via USB and then turn it off. Then hold the d pad up and press the power button. You can then let go of the power button but remain holding the up on the d pad. Your phone should go into flash mode. Then open RSD Lite and your phone should be recognized. Good luck this took me 4 hours to figure out last night. I am now back to 2.0.1. With root. Now I need to figure out what to do next in order to get the wireless wifi.
  6. idinostar

idinostar New Member

Ah, I tried to install everything fresh, deleting any drivers etc. no luck still. What is the device listed as for everyone that has it installed correctly? For me, it's "Motorola Flash Interface.

And also, thanks to all the users that have helped so far! :)
  7. idinostar

idinostar New Member

Ah. terribly sorry for this bump.
  8. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

I had a problem when I first got my droid back in feb. adb and droidexplorer(for win) wouldn't find my device but I could mount and get a drive letter for my sdcard. I ended up going to Devices Manager with my droid connected and uninstalled the Disk Drive Motorola A855, rebooted reconnected my droid and reinstalled the drivers and both ADB and droidexplorer found my device.

using win7 x64
  9. idinostar

idinostar New Member

Whoo, finally got it to work by running it in compatibility mode (windows xp sp3). Thank you, for all your help! I'll probably be sticking around cause I'm gonna root soon! Is there any way for me to close this thread?
  10. bmkim

bmkim New Member

are you running as admin?
    get the latest drivers from motorola website (i think newest version is 4.5)
  11. pthance

pthance New Member

This is going to sound dumb, but unplug your droid from the usb connection till after you have RSD Lite open and you are in the bootloader (power button plus dpad up). Once you are in the bootloader and RSD Lite is open THEN you plug in your phone to the cpu via your USB cable. I had the same issue as you till I did this. Hope it fixes you up.....or I might be crazy.
  12. dmwoods

dmwoods New Member

I get error using RSDLite

The error is 0x700F

The log file contains:

13:19:16, April 09, 2010
    Line: 473
    ERROR: Not enough image files created
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\pst_fp_flashfilemi.cpp
    Device ID: 0

13:19:16, April 09, 2010
    Line: 542
    ERROR: Error processing flash file.
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
    Device ID: 0
  13. metalmodder

metalmodder New Member

Ok so I know it's been several months since this thread has been active, but I am having major issues that relate to this discussion.

I am unable to get my droid to show up in RSD Lite. I am using version 4.9 and Windows 7. I traced the issue down to the driver. I have the latest drivers for my phone installed except for the flashing driver. I have tried using Windows update for it, but it doesn't find anything. I tried pointing it to the downloaded drivers, but it says they aren't for my device. I also tried different USB ports, but to no avail. Does anybody know where to find the Motorola Flash Driver? Please don't say it's on Motodev, because the ones from there do not work.
Search tags for this page
how to get motorola phone off face recognition mode
light recognition android
motorla rsdlite drivers 64bit
motorola drivers rdslite

rsd lite drivers

rsd lite drivers for windows 8
rsd lite flash interface
rsd lite motorola flash interface
rsd litersd lite
rsd litersd lite usb drivers
rsdlite windows 8