RSD Lite Not Detecting My Droid

anj109

Reaction score
Ok so I've done countless searches and still can't get this program to detect my X. I'm trying to flash the SBF so I can upgrade to Froyo. I've downloaded the Motorola driver and installed that. I'm in bootloader mode on my X. But I still get no detection in RSD. If I unplug and replug in the USB cord, my computer says found new hardware.

Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Ok so I've done countless searches and still can't get this program to detect my X. I'm trying to flash the SBF so I can upgrade to Froyo. I've downloaded the Motorola driver and installed that. I'm in bootloader mode on my X. But I still get no detection in RSD. If I unplug and replug in the USB cord, my computer says found new hardware.

Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Try changing Config / DeviceId Options to the opposite setting (in RSD Lite).

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I tried and tried to get RSD Lite to detect my Droid using my desktop computer, but it never did. Then I switched to my laptop and it worked without a hitch first time! Go figure! Same OS, Win 7 x64, just a different computer.

If you have multiple USB ports, try a different one. Usually the ones on the back of the computer are your best bet, they're built-in to the motherboard.

And if that fails try to find a different computer to try it on, borrow a buddies for example.

bitter

Reaction score
Not trying to threadjack, but I'm stuck in the .sbf process as well:

Failed Flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super file. (0x703b); phone connected

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score

Failed Flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super file. (0x703b); phone connected
Your issue is different than the OP. You should probably start a new topic so we can collect information, etc.

akappy332

Reaction score
It sounds like the patch error to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

anj109

Reaction score
I tried both config settings. That didn't work. What patch are you roferring to? The pst_flash.ini file? I updated that.

I'll try changing the USB ports and even a different computer if I can.

Thanks for the help guys.

rolandct

Reaction score
I tried different ports and PCs (all Win 7 x64) and no luck. Used patched ini file as well. Anyone can confirm what is different in the patched ini file so I can be sure the it truly is patched?

Reaction score

I forget who posted this but run it from a command line (as Admin) as such:

SDL.exe -f xxx_xxx_xxx.sbf where the xxx_... is the name of the sbf file you are flashing to it. (put the file in the same directory as SDL.exe (RSD Lite))

rolandct

Reaction score

I forget who posted this but run it from a command line (as Admin) as such:

SDL.exe -f xxx_xxx_xxx.sbf where the xxx_... is the name of the sbf file you are flashing to it. (put the file in the same directory as SDL.exe (RSD Lite))

That lauches the gui with the file already selected and I assume had it found my phone it would have started, however it isn't listed.

How about I make sure I have the basics right, you never know. :)
I plug in the phone via USB while on recovery screen and then open RSD Lite. At that point it should see the device or am I doing something out of order?

Reaction score
You have to power your phone one while holding Volum Up and the camera button to put it the correct mode... You will see a black screen with white lettering in the center with the last line stating to Plug In the USB...

plug in and run RSD Lite from the command line, then you should be good to go...

Two things: I mis-read and see that you're already in recovery mode... so 1. make sure you install the correct Moto USB drivers (32 or 64bit) and 2. make sure that you place the .ini file in the RSD Lite directory... I forget which file that was, I'm trying to look now and I'll post in a few...

Can't find the file (I did it on my laptop... which of course I left in the office...d'oh!) but I used RSD Lite version 4.7 and I think it was the pst_flash.ini file....

Last edited:

Pacidermiz X

Reaction score
Previous post: I get into recovery mode by holding the volume DOWN and camera buttons...

Anyway, so I couldn't get RSD to connetct (v4.8). One thing that has hosed programs running is a safety feature in win 7- when you start up RSD, instead of left click- right click>properties>compatability tab> and select the run as administrator option.

Make sure you have a sighned version of the .sbf, or your install might not go through. I had hosed my phone, had no proper .sbf- if you are stuck, you can goto the VZ store and have them restore it. VZ phone tech support verified. But I had to push the salesman, they didn't know what I was talking about. Tell them something like "when you had to manually update the Droid X's/ Droid 2s to Froyo, that program, that proceedure". just in case you can't get the .sbf to flash right for whatever reason. Its kinda cheating, haveing VZ fix the phone for ya, but all paths lead to Rome, right?