RSD Lite Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ScoobyDoo27, May 16, 2010.

1. ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27 New Member

I'm trying to root my phone from 2.1 with RSD Lite. It finds my phone and I find the SPRecovery file but then when I press start it tells me that it failed and gives me this message under the status column.

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected."

I have no idea what to do or why it is giving me an error. Ive been following this guide at droidlife and I've been doing everything the video shows.

Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

RSD Lite can be a real pain in the a$$. Make sure that your drivers are correct and that you have a good usb connection and battery life. Where do you have the file located? I read somewhere that if it was on your desktop it wouldn't work, it had to be in a folder. Worst case scenario you erase everything and start from scratch. Redownload your drivers and the files and try it again.
  3. ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27 New Member

I'll try that and see what happens. I had everything in the correct spot according to a different guide. I googled this for a little bit yesterday and found out where to put everything but it's still giving me errors.

Is there anyway to just downgrade to 2.01 and then root from there? Would that be an easier way than RSD Lite?
  4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Some people report that RSDLite reports a failed install when it actually installed just fine. RSDLite uses checksums to verify and the checksums just don't add up. It did not do this for me, but I read others who said it so it must be so...LOL

I would just move on to the next steps and see if they work. If you reboot the phone while holding the X key and you have SPRecovery then you are good to go. If not then we need to troubleshoot some more. 64 bit vs 32 bit seems to be the biggest obsticle. Admin rights on the computer next. Other than that, it's usually people not entering spaces where spaces need to be entered, but you're not there yet so that's probably not the problem.

Nate
  5. ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27 New Member

Ok, I finally got RSD Lite to work and I'm now rooted with 2.1. My next question is how would I go about putting Bugless Beast of Cyanogen on my phone? Is that what the ROM Manager app is for? Does it download the latest version and install it for you or what?
  6. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Yes you can download BB from Rom Manager. You have to download the free one first and then spend the couple of dollars and purchase the key for it from the market. Once you get on there it is going to tell you to flash clockwork recovery. Just click on the top box and it will do it for you. Remember to check the box and hit always allow when the box pops up. From there you can press download rom and then you will see the BB section.
Search tags for this page
failed flashing process 6 16
failed flashing process 6/16
failed flashing process 6/16 flash motoboot
rsd failed flashing process 6/16 moto boot.img
rsd lite 6.16
rsd lite device is waiting for other devices to complete fla

rsd lite failed flashing process

rsd lite fails 1-18