RSD Lite error

shafer5

Reaction score
I'm trying to flash a .sbf file to get back to stock so I can flash my DX to 2.2. For some reason it's not letting me, I keep getting this error "Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. (0x7029);phone disconnected" When go to the CMD and type adb devices my DX shows up. Everything is showing up just fine. I even tried d/l'ing a new sbf file to see if that was the problem but the error message remained the same.

Does anyone have any tips they can give me to get this thing working and back to stock? I've tried searching but it has done no good!

droidman101

Reaction score
So you booted into bootloader, and ran rsdlite, but it failed, right?
Just making sure you did the steps correctly

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you move the flash.ini file to the program files?

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Are you running RSDLite 4.6? If so try deleteing the "FlashErrorLog" file in the RSDLite folder. This might or might not work.

Also I read somewhere (forget where now) that if you are using a computer with 1.1 usb ports it will not work. You will need to have 2.0 usb ports and above.

Or try another usb port or another computer and see if you get the same error.

OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score
So you booted into bootloader, and ran rsdlite, but it failed, right?
Just making sure you did the steps correctly

No I didn't boot into bootloader. I knew I was missing a step somewhere. N00b move. I'll check here in a bit to see if that fixes things.

Sorry guys it's been awhile since I've done any flashing! I'll report back in a bit to see if that's what I needed to do.

OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score
Ok, I tried flashing again in bootloader mode and I'm still getting the same results.

did you move the flash.ini file to the program files?

Yes there is a pst_flash.ini file in the program files folder.

Any other suggestions?

Forgot to mention i have a custom theme. Does this have anything to do with the error im getting??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RSD 4.7 has a patch which involves moving the flash.ini file to replace the stock one that is there.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i mean it wouldnt hurt to try. i use 4.7 with my DX