1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RSD Lite error (0x7100)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Diab210, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

Hey all.

I have tried flashing the SPRecovery.sbf file onto my Motorola Droid using RSD Lite, but every time I try I keep getting this error...

"Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100)Phone Connected"

I have done some poking around the web and have not found an answer for this that has worked. I have the 4.6 USB drivers installed, ran RSD Lite in admin mode, tried running it in XP Compatibility mode, and tried running the process on both my desktop and laptop (both have windows 7 unfortunately). Also tried switching to a different USB port... nothing. Does anyone know a solution to this?
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

It looks like you are doing the right steps, and definitely have searched for answers as I've come across the same ones when searching the web.
    The file should be the same, wherever you go, but try grabbing it from the 3rd link in my signature if you didn't get it from there. It links to the copy I use and I used the 64bit driver for my system, and it works on my computer.

For some, reason ever figured out, it just doesn't work. There has to be a reason, but then we'd have it working, right?:) Those folks just find another computer and tend to be good to go. Mac users are in the same boat, they gotta borrow someone's pc to root.
  3. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Sometimes I get the error too when flashing but the phone reboots normally in some cases and in other cases I need to reflash. Have you tried just rebooting the phone after the error to see what happens?
  4. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

I did reboot it after the error - doesn't seem like anything has changed. I didn't see the backup folder on my sd card so I am pretty sure nothing happened. It also failed immediately - another reason why I am pretty sure it didn't do anything.

I will uninstall the program and drivers once I get home and try using the ones in your link... give that a whirl.

Say I eventually get this to root with 2.1 via the step by step guide in your signature christim. Do I then need rsd to update to froyo or is rsd just for the preliminary step? I don't remember seeing it mentioned again in the guide... may be easier to steal my brother's xp laptop and do the rooting from there instead of trouble shooting something without an apparent fix...
  5. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

RSDLite is a one time thing, if you used it again, you would just be erasing what you did in the first step.
  6. christim

christim Super Moderator

In this case, you'd flash sprecovery then use sprecover to flash the rom of your choice.

For hemorrdroid: it depends on what SBF file you were installing. If you applied the SBF for stock 2.01 and then flashed the SBF for SPRecovery you wouldn't be erasing stock 2.01, so it doesn't always write over everything. Likewise flashing the ese81 stock rom with root won't erase SPRecovery either. But that's a 2.1 rom and at this point I think most are looking to flash a froyo rom.

However, flashing stock 2.01 erasing boot-recovery, rom...everything and installs the stock on top of it all.
  7. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

I am happy to say I am now the proud owner of a rooted Droid. Was so much easier using the xp laptop over the windows 7 stuff. Thanks guys for all the help. Now i just need to figure out what to do next...so many ROMS...
Search tags for this page

atrix rsd 0x7100

notebook com erro 0x7100000

rsd lite flashing error

sprecovery.sbf failed flashing process