Rsd lite and what to do next...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bertosaurus, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bertosaurus

bertosaurus New Member

I a droid 2 i had to use rsd lite to take the d2 back to stock. problem is that my phone keeps flashing the droid eye and then the droid word and keeps on reapeting this over and over. rsd lite says... status: please manually power up this phone, progress: 100% executed, and result: in process. anyone know what to do next?
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

At this point you need to disconnect the phone from the computer, pull the battery, boot into stock recovery, and wipe data and cache from there. Boot looping after an SBF is normal.

It has been a while but I am pretty sure to get into stock recovery on a D2 you need to (from a powered off state) hold in X on the hardware keyboard while powering up. Once you get to the screen with the ! , hit the search key, and you should now be in stock recovery.
  3. bertosaurus

bertosaurus New Member

thank you very much i got it to work:biggrin::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  4. JSM9872

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

I 've been trying to get wireless tether workign on my father in law's phone. Long story short, ended up rooting it (was on Gbread 2.3.3). I then installed CWM as well as Droid2Bootstrapper.

Went into Droid2bootstrapper, cleared cache, wiped data / files, and installed CM7. Now I'm stuck on the M logo on bootup. I tried the method here (hold X and power) and I get to the screen with the exclamation mark; but hitting the SEarch key doesn't bring me into anything. I'm just trying to get back to where I was... any suggestions? I can't seem to get into recovery.

It's been a loooong time (since my D1) since I've used RSD LIte, not even sure where to start if I have to go down that route.
  6. JSM9872

Before we try and begin to recover your phone, what version of CM did you attempt to flash on your phone? If it was not the correct one then you will need to SBF unfortunately.
  7. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

On stock gb (not sure how CM impacts this) you need to use the power button rather than the search key in stock recovery to get the menu. Search key works for froyo but not gb

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  8. JSM9872

It works the same way on CM. I just held off on this in case an improper ROM was flashed we could conserve battery and head straight to fixing it since the battery does not charge while all this is going on.

@ Parafly, Let us know what ROM and where it came from. There are 2 versions on CM, the official and unofficial (Revnumbers) builds. For GB you need to use the unofficial ones.
  9. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

I ended up SBF'ing back to 2.2 ... there was nothing I could do to get it going. I was running CWM 7.1, not sure what version.

Right now I'm back on Froyo. I'm trying to re-root with Z4Mod, which worked on Froyo last time for me.

The basic goal is: I'm trying to get wireless tether working for my father in law again. He upgraded the phone to GB and lost root when he did that. I re-rooted the phone, and installed Wireless Tether but then ended up getting the issue where Verizon blocks access (suggesting to sign up for the data plan). I was only going to CM to see if using a ROM would enable me to run Wireless Tether without Verizon blocking it.

Right now I'm debating whether to go back to GB. I'm unable to get Z4root working to try wireless tether on the 2.2.
  10. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

Now trying to root Froyo with psouza4's root tool
  11. JSM9872

Pete's tool will not work on Froyo 2.2, it is only for Gingerbread. Z4 should work, sometimes you just need to run it multiple times.

Try letting it run for 10 mins and then pull the battery on it. After booting back up run it again. This is what I used to do with Z4, sometimes it works in one cycle, sometimes it takes several. Also are you using the latest version of Z4?
  12. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

Well... Pete's tool just worked..... :) :icon_ banana:

Not sure why or how it took. Yeah I was using the most recent Z4, last time I used it I had to run it several times.

Gonna try wireless tether now and see if it works now... i'm guessing not but who knows.
  13. JSM9872

Strange, I was under the impression it was only for Gingerbread. Oh well, at least it worked...
  14. JSM9872

You know what it does say in the description of the tool "2.3.4 or earlier." To me that meant earlier Gingerbread builds but interpreted differently I can see where it meant Froyo as well. It does make sense to me that they would add the ability to root earlier versions since those exploits are known as well.

Learn something new everyday :)
  15. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

well, wireless tether works cleanly now... so it looks like it is the gingerbread update the allows VZW to block it. Gonna advise my father in law to just stick with Froyo for now; he doesn't care about any of the benefits of GBread.
Search tags for this page
droid x rsd lite verizon wireless
rsd executed 100%
rsd executed:100%
rsd lite 100 in process

rsd lite executed 100 in process

rsd lite in process

rsd result in progress