1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RSD Lite 4.6 not finding Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Sayid, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Sayid

Sayid New Member

Hello everyone!
    Until the 2.1 OTA update, I had very little trouble installing and experimenting with different ROMs. Now I'm trying to install Ultimate Droid 10 on my phone, and from what I understand, I have to go back to stock 2.0.1 and then root again(correct me if I'm wrong)?
    I am using the tutorial here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html
    Only problem is, RSD Lite 4.6 isn't finding my phone when I click "Show Device". I've scoured the forums for an answer and can't find anything! I've tried everything in here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/34986-rsd-lite-recognition-2.html , and I'm still not finding anything that works!
    Help me please!

Points of Information:
    Running Windows Vista 64-bit
    Installed latest drivers directly from Motorola's website (4.5.0)
  2. Shadowsniper789

Shadowsniper789 New Member

Are you running it as admin?
  3. Sayid

Sayid New Member

I tried running it several different ways actually. I ran it normally, normally as admin, compatibility for XP SP2, and compatibility for XP SP2 as admin... None of them worked! I don't get it!!! :confused:
  4. Shadowsniper789

Shadowsniper789 New Member

When you started you're phone up did you hold down the up key on the D-pad?
  5. Sayid

Sayid New Member

Yes I did. I was in flash mode (or whatever the black screen is called... forgive my ignorance).
  6. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

open RDS lite, go to config, deviceID options, check first-come-first-serve deviceID mode
  7. HermitObserver

HermitObserver New Member

You don't have to go all the way back to stock!!! Just use the .sbf file to reflash the SPRecovery onto your 2.1. I'll find a link in two seconds! Just wait!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgt1gjgx5gv . FLASH THAT .SBF INSTEAD OF THE 2.01 SBF!! That is, if your RSDLite finds your device :) I tried it earlier today, it will put SPRecovery on your phone and then you can install Cyanogen or UD (which is Cyanogen XD.)
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  8. zathus

zathus New Member

I was having the same issue this guy was, this was the trick that did it! thanks
  9. Sayid

Sayid New Member

YES!!! I LOVE YOU!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. Yams

Yams New Member

Im having the same problem with RSD lite (It wont show my device). I changed the setting to first come first serve and that did nothing. Any ideas? :icon_evil:
  11. kabingo

kabingo New Member

Was having the same problem. Killed MotoConnect and now it's working.
  12. jive495

jive495 New Member

Yep same problems, Ive tried all the above mentioned ideas and nothing is working for me.

Alright, it turns out that you have to have your .sbf file on the root of your C drive to be able to click start. That being said, my flash still fails right away everytime.
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. jive495

jive495 New Member

Ive made a breakthrough and I hope this helps someone else. I could not get RSDlite to work properly on Win7 OS but worked perfectly on XP. Just make sure your .sbf files are on the root directory of your hard drive and that you have 2.0 usb inputs.
  14. djjsin

djjsin New Member

thats not really a fix though. I'm not going to reformat my entire operating system just to flash a droid.

I have this same issue. I've installed all the drivers, it shows up in the device manager as motorola flash interface. i've got the latest drivers installed. I've selected the first come thing. I boot with the dpad holding up. I've killed motoconnect.exe and nothing, yet it keeps coming back when rsdlite is working. I'm running windows 7 enterprise edition 64 bit. I'm running it as an adminstrator. i'm running it in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode.

i cant see the droid in rsdlite 4.6
  15. erasmussen14

erasmussen14 New Member

I am having issues way beyond getting rsdlite to recognize my phone.

I can't seem to get the dayamn program to open. I'm running a 64bit Vista Ultimate, I've downloaded the usb drivers but when trying to open up rsdlite, I get a popup window asking me what program do I want to use to open it, since the computer doesn't recognize the .rar file type. (see attached screen shot).

I had it saved to a folder on my desktop, and after hearing that it needed to be saved to the c drive, I moved it there and no dice. I've seen many others having the same issue complaining in the comments section on a youtube tutorial, and have seen no comments regarding how to fix this.

Any advice?
  16. erasmussen14

erasmussen14 New Member

How to install rsdlite: Download Winrar, and decompress the file. Very easy to do. After decompressing, you can install the program.
  17. Ominous

Ominous New Member

RSDLite won't show device--HELP!

I finally decided to root, gathered all of the files, but when I boot into the black screen, RSDLite 4.6 doesn't show my phone. I can click start but since there is no device listed nothing happens. I have tried running as administrator, xp compatiblity mode, killing Moto Connect, everything I have seen listed on the forums. Does anyone have any other ideas? I have Windows7 x64 and am using a USB 2.0 port.
  18. Ominous

Ominous New Member

How did you ll MotoConnect?

I just tried this and got a message that files were open in another program.
  19. SpztikMonkey

SpztikMonkey New Member

Im running RSD Lite 4.6 on 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 64 bit drivers and in admin mode. I finally got my phone to show up in RSD and let me click on the start button (for all those having trouble from the phone being off with the usb cable plugged in press and hold the up button on the d pad ad press the power, do not let off the up until you see the bootload screen) this is what allowed my phone to show into RSD. Now my problem is that it says flashing failed as soon as I hit the start button. I have tried the SBF files in root of C: and my downloads directory. Any Ideas.
  20. doiderg

doiderg New Member

Iam tryin to root and iam using rsd also on windows vista.

when i load the file .sbf file, I CANT press START because it is inactive and grayed out.
    iam on admin, and first come first serve.

This is a pain in the ***.

What can be wrong?
Search tags for this page
cant get rsd to show my device
device not showing in rsd lite
droid bionic rsd lite not showing my device
rds lite cant find droid 2
rsd does not show device
rsd lite 4.6 64 bit

rsd lite can't find phone

rsd lite can't see device
rsd lite cannot detect phone