router config

Rick G

Reaction score
I downloaded controlmypc app. I've tried to configure my Q1000Z router to work with it and I can't get it to work. I have configured my router like the app instructions say And try to login in on my incredible. A screen pops up and says my router is not ported to the ports necessary.Does anyone have any knowledge of this app and things I could try?

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
I downloaded controlmypc app. I've tried to configure my Q1000Z router to work with it and I can't get it to work. I have configured my router like the app instructions say And try to login in on my incredible. A screen pops up and says my router is not ported to the ports necessary.Does anyone have any knowledge of this app and things I could try?
I have no clue about the app itself but to me it sounds like a firewall is blocking those ports inbound

OP
R

Rick G

Reaction score
I've set my firewall as well. Maybe it is something simple I am missing? I've tested the app on on my home network and it runs smoothly. Raven if you have any other suggestions would be great. :-D I'm sort of new at this.

Does anyone have experience with a Q1000Z router?

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
just did a quick search on the app and found this link...maybe it will help you out?
ControlMyPc help page
I use teamviewer personally and have never dealt with controlmypc

OP
R

Rick G

Reaction score
Thx for the link. I was researching it too. I've actually chatted with their tech support and we have come up blank for now.
How is team viewer working for you? Can you upload and download files on that app?

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
Honestly I haven't tried file transfer from my phone but it works PC to PC. I'll try it out and let you know

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
I just checked and it doesn't support file transfer. What about dropbox for files?

OP
R

Rick G

Reaction score
I use dropbox now. I'm just trying to get an app that does everything all in 1. I run a home business and I'm always out on the road so it's difficult trying to go through different apps to do things. I know a lot of people use log me in but that is kind of expensive. I might have to go that route. Thank you for your input raven!