Round Battery Icon

alm0614

Reaction score
does anyone have an update.zip that would just include the round battery icon, with the % remaining inside the circle

M

Matth3w

I could make one. The one I use is green for 100, 80, 60, orange for 40, 20, and red for 10, 0.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
could you also include the clear powerstrip

M

Matth3w

Yeah give me a second, I have to tweak my personal update.zip thing. You know I have black buttons instead of green on the powerstrip, right?

Sodner

Reaction score
Matth3w, How do you do all this stuff? I would litterally kill for a Dark Smoked theme (that's what comes with UltimateDroid v8) for Pure Calendar Widget and Pure Grid Calendar Widget.

I'd buy Photoshop but have ZERO experiance with it. Are there any instructions on this stuff?

M

Matth3w

I've been using Photoshop for years and years but not professionally. So a lot of it I just look up tutorials or the whole trial and error thing. I'm not an expert by any means, but I can do your basic stuff like make icons and whatnot. Photo touch up...anything that has a tutorial...I can photoshop someone's head onto another's body etc. I use it a lot to touch up photos...I've removed bra straps that were showing for example, or reflections from eyeglasses, etc. See below what I did with Camaro photo shoot. See if you can notice what I did to the picture (besides auto tone which now looking at it side by side I don't like lol). I didn't take a lot of time to do it, I could have probably done a better job but I was lazy.

4454160941_5d6e71148e.jpg
4442168546_d5f28ae617.jpg

The Pure Calendar widget I just use the Koxx Black and adjust the transparency as I see fit.

Here is the update.zip. Make sure you do a backup in case I ****ed up something.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
Yeah give me a second, I have to tweak my personal update.zip thing. You know I have black buttons instead of green on the powerstrip, right?

yea thats fine..

Matt, im VTCapsFan, just followed you on twitter, you know asked about the caps app :)

if you dont mind, i would like to know how you make these update.zip files and how you modify these, i am a computer engineering student and have a good handle on programming

M

Matth3w

yea thats fine..

Matt, im VTCapsFan, just followed you on twitter, you know asked about the caps app :)

if you dont mind, i would like to know how you make these update.zip files and how you modify these, i am a computer engineering student and have a good handle on programming
Oh damn, I'm not giving you **** then.

Just kidding, but I don't make the actual update.zip. What I have done is take one of Pete's update.zip files and just replaced the stuff inside the update.zip that I want to update and left the other stuff off, if that makes sense. The only actual scripting I changed is what it says while it's updating.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score

yea thats fine..

Oh damn, I'm not giving you **** then.

Just kidding, but I don't make the actual update.zip. What I have done is take one of Pete's update.zip files and just replaced the stuff inside the update.zip that I want to update and left the other stuff off, if that makes sense. The only actual scripting I changed is what it says while it's updating.

how do you know what to replace?..

M

Matth3w

Well all the update.zip file is, is a place where it installs files.

So basically a simple file structure might look like this:

update.zip/system/framework/framework-res.apk

So I just open up the apk to replace the battery icons, which the directory structure for the battery icons are:

framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_0.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_10.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_20.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_40.png

and so on

loop4zil

Reaction score
Well all the update.zip file is, is a place where it installs files.

So basically a simple file structure might look like this:

update.zip/system/framework/framework-res.apk

So I just open up the apk to replace the battery icons, which the directory structure for the battery icons are:

framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_0.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_10.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_20.png
framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_battery_40.png

and so on

very cool. I will try this

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
oh since nobody else noticed, you removed your legs from the door:)