Rotary Lock Screen for BB 0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jpar63, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

Hey Pete, I know you are a busy man and let me just say THANKS A MILLION for the great ROMs!! Can't wait to see what you have done for BB 0.5. Have you given any thought to adding a "change the lock screen" option to the Beast? It would be great to be able to revert back to the old 2.0 style. That said, does anybody know of a way to bring back the 2.0 Lock Screen (Rotary style) to Froyo, BuglessBeast in particular? I have noticed many times that the .png files for it are still in the Framework-res file. I really liked the old style better, any help would be appreciated. Even if someone knows where the lock screen info files are located, that might help. Thanks.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

This is an option in UD 8.0 :)
  3. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

LOL, that's where I got the idea to add it to Bugless Beast. I really like the Beast and am pretty heavily modded within that ROM and not quite ready to redo all my work.
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

After you do it a few times it is really easy, I was on Bugless for a long time, it is just very outdated, and I have a few hundred modifies images I bring with me everwhere I go, UD looked so nice, I was able to drop half of these images
  5. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

I hear ya. I'm actually contimplating loading up UD8 now. I already have it downloaded. I have switched Roms about a thousand times, what's one more. I guess I do have all my custom work all packaged up and ready to go anyway.
  6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

If your fine with a stock theme rotary lock, I hear that the WidgetLocker app on the market has a rotary option. I tried it the other day. Nice because you can customize a lot on your lock screen. Just wasn't for me because I like to have all my stuff themed.

Otherwise, yea UD seems to be the only ROM with the rotary lock. I don't know why CM6 didn't toss that baby in, being that those developers are very good also...
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Try it stock, I was surprised at how little I had to change for my Droid to feel like itself, it has some of those stock android green.png's within the framework, contacts.apk, settings.apk, phone.apk, and the music.apk, I replaced those with AdamZ's blue themed ones, plus I added some more transparency to most of the widgets

I loaded it up stock and then pulled these.apk's opened them replaced the images I didn't like in the drawable-hdpi folders put the themed.apk's in an update.zip, ran it, and haven't looked back since
  8. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

I like my stuff themed to match too. I really hate home replacements and other themeing type apps. I like to do all my work the real way and not adding crap that just boggs down the system. I 'm looking into bringing it over to Bugless Beast from UD. I don't know if it will work, I just started to invetsigate.
  9. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

UD also has the option to change fonts right in the settings menu-
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

It will work, let me know if you need some help during the process, at the least I can make an update.zip for you to get all of your themed.apk's into the system with ease :)
  11. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

That's actually a great idea. Right now I have a fonts folder on my SD and have to manually move the font to the fonts directory. I may give UD a shot, soundz well thought out. I just have a few ideas to try first, to see if I can get this rotary lock working with Bugless. I apperciate the offer to help but most of my stuff is ready to go as is. I make copies of all my modded apk's and save them on my PC.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  12. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

FYI with UD there are so many modifications within the settings that you cannot just replace the UD settings.apk or the UD Phone.apk with your modified ones, you have to open the UD.apk's and replace the.png's only

You might have known this already, but if not it will save you some headache
  13. chad24taylor

chad24taylor New Member

Pony up 1.99 for the Widget Locker app.
    Gives you the ability to completely customize your lock screen; including the option to switch between the following: iPhone slider, stock android, sense pull down, and you guessed it....rotary!

Cheers dancedroid
  14. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

It's not a matter of the $1.99, It's that I hate cheesy replacement apps, I like to do my own custom work.
  15. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

it's not worth $1.99 and I am with the O/P, I don't want exess fluff weighing down my system, the option for a rotary lockscreen is in the stock O/S why not make use of it
  16. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

I kinda figured, just by seeing all the options and settings but good to know for sure. Well, at least I can just pull out the .png files I need. Thanks man, you may be "the straw that broke the camel's back" in getting me to switch over to UD.The only reason I'm hesitant is that I have spent the better part of two months getting BB 0.4 jussssssst right. I guess that's how it usually goes though, when you take a ROM to the max, it's time to change.
  17. jpar63

jpar63 New Member

i agree, totally, 100%!!!!!!!!

Welp, time to go, off to work :angry:. I'll let you know how it goes when I make the switch. Thanks! Appreciate the morning conversation.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  18. chad24taylor

chad24taylor New Member

Well then.
    I apologize.
    However, I've had widget locker on both my rooted D1 and now my rooted D2; absolutely no performance difference, nor does it look "cheesy". But I understand what you're saying.
  19. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

For the record it took me less than one day of full dedication to get UD just right after coming from SS, when I went from BB to SS it took me longer (a full day) but I wasn't efficient in the art of the update.zip

As I said, let me know if I can help
Search tags for this page
android rotary safe style lock screen

lockscreen for bb