Rotary and Music Controls anyone??? GummyJAR 2.5 coming soon

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Working on the CM power controls now... That is tho only reason this isn't out. If I have time and am successful today... themes will need to be updated again...

If power controls get added themes should be compatible for a long time as I don't see any new changes to the framework in the near future after that.

Sweet keep em coming Bgill can do that one.....(hehehe) guess I shouldn't have updated the framework and the settings app so quick though.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Working on the CM power controls now... That is tho only reason this isn't out. If I have time and am successful today... themes will need to be updated again...

If power controls get added themes should be compatible for a long time as I don't see any new changes to the framework in the near future after that.

Sweet keep em coming Bgill can do that one.....(hehehe) guess I shouldn't have updated the framework and the settings app so quick though.

Don't worry this may not make it... Its going to be much harder to do this then the lockscreen.. The only difference is I know where all the pieces are and how to implement them in this one.. but its a lot of moving parts if you know what I mean

steves

Reaction score
running 1.9.1, i've had some weirdness with widgets (specifically weatherbug) refusing to add to home screens. is this fixed in 2.x?

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't worry this may not make it... Its going to be much harder to do this then the lockscreen.. The only difference is I know where all the pieces are and how to implement them in this one.. but its a lot of moving parts if you know what I mean

That is OK with me I hope it does make it in! You are making my X run with all the features I wish it had a few months ago...... if you get that implemented it is just icing on the cake.

randroid123

Reaction score

Any ETA on this or are you certain it will be do-able? Sorry for seeming impatient I've just been biting my nails for this one ever since Drod anounced he was trying to port it... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make it happen!!!! I will donate my savings account (not much :-/)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Any ETA on this or are you certain it will be do-able? Sorry for seeming impatient I've just been biting my nails for this one ever since Drod anounced he was trying to port it... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make it happen!!!! I will donate my savings account (not much :-/)

I think its doable, or I wouldn't be working on it...

Spent most of the day just getting the CM source tree setup to compile with GummyJAR.... My last one was lost after I rebuilt my computer...

randroid123

Reaction score

I think its doable, or I wouldn't be working on it...

Spent most of the day just getting the CM source tree setup to compile with GummyJAR.... My last one was lost after I rebuilt my computer...

I'm stoked to hear that you're on it! I believe u will succeed, your custom framework for the X has already proven to be one of the best. Thank you very much for bringing this to our DX community! I appreciate all devs that take this phone on! I know its more work then phones with unlocked bootloaders...

Reaction score
Can't wait for the new version and thanks for all your hard work kejar!

BTW, why version 2.5? To avoid OS version number confusion? Just curious.

randroid123

Reaction score
Finally loaded up GummyJar 2.1 and WOW is it fast!? Best rom Ive tried and with the waternark theme it is perfect!!! The only thing i miss is HDMI support (I like using real HDMI) Will you be working on reincorporating this or is it just too reliant on motoBlur? Thanks again so much Kejar for what you do!!!! WOOOOT!

BTW just saw DROD's tweet about the rotary lockscreen and pulldown power controls!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! :) Thanks!!!

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Do you have a donate link? I LOVE THIS ROM MAN. Best rom out there IMO. Would gladly buy you some beer.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Do you have a donate link? I LOVE THIS ROM MAN. Best rom out there IMO. Would gladly buy you some beer.

Sure I have a donate link :)

See the original post in one of the release threads at the bottom...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dfitz

Reaction score

I am anxiously waiting this release if you get the CM power controls working...2.1 is running nice

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
This is by far the fastest rom for the dx I have used, and to say I love it is an understatement. :) After coming from CM on my previous phone I find myself pulling down the notification bar all the time to enable WiFi or BT but then I'm like oops no can't do that anymore... If this gets added this rom will be as perfect as I could ask for. Personally I love the true to android feel of this rom...

ambitiousAmateur

Reaction score
Suggestion

I love this ROM, it is by far the best software out there for this phone. I have one request tho, for something small that is a pet peve of mine. In the music player app, the songs are not sorted by track number. that is to say if i load up a whole album, they won't play in the order they appear on the album but only in alphabetical order. This is a flaw that exists with both the stock music player and several third party ones, and as someone who generally listens to whole albums it's something that bugs me. If you could fix this, or at least make it an option in settings, I'd be very grateful.