Rootzboat

x25064

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't see the hype in this rom? I just flashed it and it was laggy as hell.. worse then stock 4.0.2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't see the hype in this rom? I just flashed it and it was laggy as hell.. worse then stock 4.0.2

Different strokes for different folks. Your favorite may not be my favorite. Multiple options are good, having only one option would be bad. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is a heap of junk to everyone. Where there are choices there is almost never going to be one choice that is the right one for everyone.

I am not defending Rootzboat, as I haven't even tried it yet. Just saying.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a rom will not produce the same results on two different devices :)

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. Your favorite may not be my favorite. Multiple options are good, having only one option would be bad. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is a heap of junk to everyone. Where there are choices there is almost never going to be one choice that is the right one for everyone.

I am not defending Rootzboat, as I haven't even tried it yet. Just saying.

I am well aware, I am just saying for all the hype its been receiving, it really doesn't live up to its name. Sure roms are subjective to preference but some DO outperform others.

Creed

Reaction score
I love RootzBoat - I don't know if you let it load properly or wiped as you should have but for me, it is the best of the best!

It is so ridiculously smooth and it has a ton of settings, to boot! What is not love :) I honestly have no idea what you are talking about as for me it is fast - super, duper fast!

Care to be a bit more clear and specific about what you did? In addition, if you want smooth, try out the new Liquid ROM - I am hearing good things about it. Straight AOSP goodness ;)

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I love RootzBoat - I don't know if you let it load properly or wiped as you should have but for me, it is the best of the best!

It is so ridiculously smooth and it has a ton of settings, to boot! What is not love :) I honestly have no idea what you are talking about as for me it is fast - super, duper fast!

Care to be a bit more clear and specific about what you did? In addition, if you want smooth, try out the new Liquid ROM - I am hearing good things about it. Straight AOSP goodness ;)

-Wiped data and cache x2
-wiped battery stats
-wiped dalvik cache
-let phone sit for 10 minutes after boot

I think I am just used to axioms standard of smooth honestly. Anything else unless greater or equal to, will bother me.

lfylove

Reaction score
Running great for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Guess I just needed to reflash it, its running fine now. Just put the new Franco kernel 13.1 on it and it seems to be holding its own pretty well.

The landscape keyboard lag issue hasn't been fixed though which is slightly disappointing. On other roms it has. (I am aware if you disable spellcheck it fixes this, but you should t have to)

Creed

Reaction score
Oh. I did not even know that there was a problem with lag on horizontal typing as I use Swype - Axiom and RootzBoats are very similar, I am using RootzBoat because it is still supported by a dev and in all honesty, I never saw what people loved about Axiom. It ran smooth, sure, but there was less control in settings and much to my dismay, you could not change the navigation bar (back, search, home, etc...) from within the phone, you had to use these addons.

The best reason, however, for using RootzBoat is Xoomdev. He is the nicest Dev I have ever had the fortune of speaking (typing...?) with. The slightest problems I had with the last version of RootzBoat would be fixed immediately, one night I complained about an airplane mode sticking problem and within 2 or 3 hours a new version was out. He creates ZIPs to people desires and in all is a great Dev. He is just so generous with his time, for example, towards the beginning of whole ROM making stuff everyone had faster rotation and it was always credited to Xoomdev, he figured out how and helped everyone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Flashing roms does take a bit of patience. And yes it is odd that one person can say something is the best while another feels it is terrible. But I guess that is the way it will always be. My last phone was a Thunderbolt before coming to the Nexus and TONS of people claimed to have problems with that phone. Of course I did not have any of the problems and to be honest the thing was pretty amazing. We all have unique experiences....

I have flashed all of the roms and the two I prefer are Axiom (No longer around since Theory gets his feelings hurt so easily ((Sissy))...) and Codenamedroid. Although the experience sometimes changes from version to version and they change quickly. At the moment I am on version 1.1.4 with Franco's new 13.1 kernel and it is very nice.

Today I will load the new Rootzboat "Greasy Gazelle" to see what it's like.

I enjoy the process of trying different roms to find what I like and works best on my phone.

Creed

Reaction score
Flashing roms does take a bit of patience. And yes it is odd that one person can say something is the best while another feels it is terrible. But I guess that is the way it will always be. My last phone was a Thunderbolt before coming to the Nexus and TONS of people claimed to have problems with that phone. Of course I did not have any of the problems and to be honest the thing was pretty amazing. We all have unique experiences....

I have flashed all of the roms and the two I prefer are Axiom (No longer around since Theory gets his feelings hurt so easily ((Sissy))...) and Codenamedroid. Although the experience sometimes changes from version to version and they change quickly. At the moment I am on version 1.1.4 with Franco's new 13.1 kernel and it is very nice.

Today I will load the new Rootzboat "Greasy Gazelle" to see what it's like.

I enjoy the process of trying different roms to find what I like and works best on my phone.

I have to agree with you completely. :) A huge part of this phone is ROMing and thanks to our fantastic android developer community we have a ton of options!

Want settings? AOKP and Codename have a ton of settings to change!
Want smooth AOSP experience? Meet Redemption ROM, Bugless Beast, or Liquid!
Want to be on the cutting edge? Cyanogen Alpha or MIUI Beta!

For me a combination of smoothness and options is desired and for that we have: Axiom 2.4, RootzBoat 7, GummyNex, or even pure AOSP sans a ROM.

With all the options to choose from it is given that not everyone agrees on a certain ROM - while, yes, some are more popular than others all of the ROMs listed above are fantastic. They all have extremely smart people making it 'just work.'

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I wish rootzboat would balance the navigation bar out when you add or remove icons. I don't like how adding a settings key causes the icons to become off center.

Also I wasn't aware there was a rootzboat 7? On its main page its only up to 6.

I know you shouldn't put all your eggs in a basket but I am willing to bet Project Elite will be a game changer. That was the superior rom for the d1.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I wish rootzboat would balance the navigation bar out when you add or remove icons. I don't like how adding a settings key causes the icons to become off center.

Also I wasn't aware there was a rootzboat 7? On its main page its only up to 6.

I know you shouldn't put all your eggs in a basket but I am willing to bet Project Elite will be a game changer. That was the superior rom for the d1.

There's a seperate thread for 7. I loaded it up today & im quite impressed! Im not sure if my opinion really matters though since ive only flashed 3 roms so far (only had the nexus less than a week)!

lfylove

Reaction score
There's a seperate thread for 7. I loaded it up today & im quite impressed! Im not sure if my opinion really matters though since ive only flashed 3 roms so far (only had the nexus less than a week)!

I've only flashed 2 had it a month. Honestly I don't see anything special in any particular rom like I did in d1. Everyone building aosp kinda sucks

Creed

Reaction score
I've only flashed 2 had it a month. Honestly I don't see anything special in any particular rom like I did in d1. Everyone building aosp kinda sucks

Speak from experience? You really should not make assumptions about the Devs who make the ROMs without seeing and using their work. You say everyone building AOSP sucks yet you have only flashed 2 ROMs. You can't say ice cream sucks because you tried 2 flavors and they all were bad. Instead of being negative about how bad the ROMs are you can 1.) make something better or 2.) actually try the ROMs.

AOKP for example has so many features stuffed in, you cannot in your right mind say that Roman is a bad dev. Rootzboat's Xoomdev is the same way. Go try something before you make these assumptions. Also - the phone has been out 5 weeks. Devs can only work so fast.