RootYourDroid.info Closing :(

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big Lou, May 17, 2010.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to let you all know that I will be closing RootYourDroid.info at the end of the month. For months the guides were left without updates with my inability to administrate the site due to recent, real-life havoc. If you want to read more, please follow this link:

The End of the Road | Root Your Droid

Thank you to everyone here for helping RYD stay relevant and helpful over its life. I hope that this site is no longer needed as the ones who I would have helped are already seasoned on Android hacking.

I'll still be very active in this and other communities, I just can't give the required time and attention to the site I was once able to give.

Fun Fact: RootYourDroid.info provided exactly 33,615 2.0.1 update.zips before 2.1 was officially released!

2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to hear Big Lou. you are a great asset to this community, and hope you stick around here for awhile :)

3. Relay

Relay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that, Big Lou. It was through the guides on your site that I first rooted my Droid, so you were a big help to me. I'm sure I'm not alone. Good luck in your future endeavors.

4. jrod1990

jrod1990 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Understand Big Lou, your site is how I learned about rooting and actually performed my "root" off your site. Thank you sooo much for your contribution to the droid community!

5. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Big Lou nooo! I never got to thank you for all the help you gave me when I first got my droid. Thank you soo much for all the help you provided the community and myself. I agree with the earlier posts, I hope you stick around here as a mentor. Maybe they can add your tuts into a help section for all to enjoy

6. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I used your site to root my droid for the very first time along with your walkthroughs.. well i will say i hope everything is ok in your personal life.. and thank you for the time you put in for the community.. We understand personal life/family is most important thing.. so to you good luck.. and now a dancing banana for you : :icon_ banana:

7. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want people to think I'm having problems... quite the opposite! It's just I accepted a new position at work which means I can't spend any time at all on RYD there, plus it has more demanding hours. I also just closed on a new house and we got a puppy not too long ago. Needless to say, I've just been too darn busy!

Oh well, thank you for the comments!

8. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    I was a big user of that for me and my friends - so much that we started a similar site (link in sig) to help with the rooting process/ show many of the options once rooted

now that youre gone looks like were gonna have to add some more stuff and host our own files :)

9. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for all that you have done, looking forward to seeing you on the forums here...best of luck!

10. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sucks man. your site is how i learned everything about rooting so i wasnt one of the idiots making a new post everyday about how to use adb and things like that.

where are the slow kids gonna learn to root now!?!

11. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be creating a thread here at DroidForums to post all of my current guides as many have stated they are still on 2.0.1 and still use my guides. I will try my best to keep them as complete and easy to follow as possible.

12. Loyrl

Loyrl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, I used your guide to root my phone!

13. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe someone here can take it off your hands, that way a valuable assest is not lost....

14. holeshot

holeshot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck and thanks for your efforts. I did my root following your walk through. :)

15. jlnguyen

jlnguyen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    noooooo!! the first time i ever rooted my phone, i was using your guides :( when people were looking for an easy guide to rooting, your website was the first place i sent them. thanks for all the work you put in man... i hope you will still be active on these forums at least :)

Search tags for this page

rootyourdroid.info