1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RootYourDroid.info Closing :(

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big Lou, May 17, 2010.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be closing RootYourDroid.info at the end of the month. For months the guides were left without updates with my inability to administrate the site due to recent, real-life havoc. If you want to read more, please follow this link:

The End of the Road | Root Your Droid

Thank you to everyone here for helping RYD stay relevant and helpful over its life. I hope that this site is no longer needed as the ones who I would have helped are already seasoned on Android hacking.

I'll still be very active in this and other communities, I just can't give the required time and attention to the site I was once able to give.

Fun Fact: RootYourDroid.info provided exactly 33,615 2.0.1 update.zips before 2.1 was officially released!
  2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

sorry to hear Big Lou. you are a great asset to this community, and hope you stick around here for awhile :)
  3. Relay

Relay New Member

Sorry to hear that, Big Lou. It was through the guides on your site that I first rooted my Droid, so you were a big help to me. I'm sure I'm not alone. Good luck in your future endeavors.
  4. jrod1990

jrod1990 New Member

Understand Big Lou, your site is how I learned about rooting and actually performed my "root" off your site. Thank you sooo much for your contribution to the droid community!
  5. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

Big Lou nooo! I never got to thank you for all the help you gave me when I first got my droid. Thank you soo much for all the help you provided the community and myself. I agree with the earlier posts, I hope you stick around here as a mentor. Maybe they can add your tuts into a help section for all to enjoy
  6. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I used your site to root my droid for the very first time along with your walkthroughs.. well i will say i hope everything is ok in your personal life.. and thank you for the time you put in for the community.. We understand personal life/family is most important thing.. so to you good luck.. and now a dancing banana for you : :icon_ banana:
  7. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

I don't want people to think I'm having problems... quite the opposite! It's just I accepted a new position at work which means I can't spend any time at all on RYD there, plus it has more demanding hours. I also just closed on a new house and we got a puppy not too long ago. Needless to say, I've just been too darn busy!

Oh well, thank you for the comments!
  8. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

I was a big user of that for me and my friends - so much that we started a similar site (link in sig) to help with the rooting process/ show many of the options once rooted

now that youre gone looks like were gonna have to add some more stuff and host our own files :)
  9. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Thank you for all that you have done, looking forward to seeing you on the forums here...best of luck!
  10. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

sucks man. your site is how i learned everything about rooting so i wasnt one of the idiots making a new post everyday about how to use adb and things like that.

where are the slow kids gonna learn to root now!?!
  11. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

I will be creating a thread here at DroidForums to post all of my current guides as many have stated they are still on 2.0.1 and still use my guides. I will try my best to keep them as complete and easy to follow as possible.
  12. Loyrl

Loyrl Member

Thank you, I used your guide to root my phone!
  13. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Maybe someone here can take it off your hands, that way a valuable assest is not lost....
  14. holeshot

holeshot New Member

Good luck and thanks for your efforts. I did my root following your walk through. :)
  15. jlnguyen

jlnguyen New Member

noooooo!! the first time i ever rooted my phone, i was using your guides :( when people were looking for an easy guide to rooting, your website was the first place i sent them. thanks for all the work you put in man... i hope you will still be active on these forums at least :)
  16. Xerozix

Xerozix New Member

Lou, hate to see that site go!

If you want, I'll take the site under my wing. You'll maintain your admin status and whatever else you need, and I'll simply provide hosting and possible tutorial maintenance.

By the way, I'm an experienced web and server designer, so I know what I'm doing.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, what if you had the developers of the ROMs manage content for their own ROMs?
  17. Kaiken

Kaiken New Member

Great job with what you've done. Your site helped me start my love for hacking my Droid. I also passed your site around to successfully help others. Good luck with your future endeavors!
Search tags for this page

rootyourdroid.info