1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by driodman, Jun 7, 2010.

1. driodman

driodman New Member

hi i new to the forums and i really want the froyo on my phone but im kinda scared to root my phone and all that cool stuff i have read how to do it and it doesnt seem to hard but im just not sure if i should or not. it would be cool if you guys could explain some pro and cons to rooting my phone
  2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

before you even consider it... there is a LOT of reading you need to do. search around in the droid general discussion for lots of people asking this very same question-- there are pros and cons, but they have been discussed already in great detail.. ;) but you really need to know what you are getting yourself into before you attempt it...

and welcome to the forums, btw! ;)
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    As Sam said you really need to read up on what you are doing. Don't just focus on the instructions, know what rooting means to you and your phone. Do a search in the Discussions section for "rooting" and read all that, then go to the Hacks section and read everything. I spent about 3 months reading and studying everything before I rooted. Rooting is not for everyone and you really need to know all the ins and outs of rooting as well as the good and the bad. What are you wanting out of your Droid? Will rooting accomplish your desired outcomes? These are some of the things you need to look at and decide.

Welcome to the forums and happy reading!!!!
  4. driodman

driodman New Member

thanks guys
  5. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

i think i lasted about a month before i rooted. it was terrible then.... everything had to be typed in a terminal emulator, flash a million things, download a million files.. now you can download one program, click "go" and you have root in five minutes. it's kinda scary.
  6. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 New Member

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to read up on unrooting your phone. That way if you do root and your phone has a problem you can take it back to Verizon.