Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by astevens54, May 19, 2010.

1. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

I'm interested in rooting my Droid. I see there is a lot of directions for rooting my Droid and should be able to handle it. I have a couple concerns. How hard is it to return your Droid to it original configuration if you don't like it? Will apps you purchased/downloaded work once you've rooted your Droid?
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    There are many threads here on the forums that show you not only how to root but how to go back to stock. From what I have read, it does not look that hard.

As for your apps......... Most apps will work on a rooted phone. The ones that won't specifically say so when you look at the app in the market. Also the apps that you purchased are linked to your google account so once you root and you sign back into your google account your google will sync with your phone and your paid apps should push back on. If then don't, go into the market > menu > downloads > and install the ones that did not. You will not have to pay for them again. Your free apps are a different story, those you will most likely have to re-download. They may or may not show up in your list of downloaded apps.
  3. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

Thanks for the reply.