1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by shinokodomo, Aug 15, 2011.

1. shinokodomo

shinokodomo New Member

Ok now can someone tell me in detail all of the pros & cons for rooting. I have read something about if you root you void your warranty(Verizon Dinc2) what does that mean. The protection warranty or some other kinda warranty?

Also I am at ofa 2.3.3 so can I even root this model yet? If so what is the simplest & most stable way.(id like a way where I don't have to use my laptop).

sent from my HTC incredible2
  2. estafusisx

estafusisx New Member

There used to be a thread (in the D1 hacking section maybe?) that would answer your first question but I can try to answer it as best as I can. Basically the only con I can think of is the voiding of the warranty. That means if there's something wrong with your phone that you didn't directly do to it (so dropping it in water or throwing it off a cliff won't even go through the warranty process) you wont be able to send it in to get a replacement. But if you have insurance on it then that won't be voided. And really they can only turn you down if they can tell you're rooted, which is hard to do because you can always just un-root before you send it in. The pros (off the top of my head and not all may be supported by the DINC2) would be free wifi and wired tethering, backing up apps with data (games with your all your progress) custom roms (basically an optimized and or feature added version of the operating system) system-wide themes (change the color of ANYTHING you want) and being able to change the files in your phones system (this is kindof what rooting means at its most basic level but you won't use it directly too often). But as far as actually rooting the phone itself your in luck! A software root method for 2.3.3 was released just a couple days ago and I have personally made a rooting guide in the droid hacking section of this forum that will take you through it step by step. Here's a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-2-hacks/165794-guide-how-root-dinc2-2-3-3-a.html I'd be happy to answer any questions you have on that thread, this one, or through PM.
  3. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

If you just got the phone I would not rush into rooting, imo. Just enjoy it for awhile, get used to it, then consider rooting.
    The DINC2 is a great phone stock.
Search tags for this page
downsides to rooting droid x2
droid x2 root positives
droid x2 rooting pros and cons
pros and cons of rooting a motorola droid verizon

pros and cons of rooting droid x2

pros and cons rooting milestone x2
root droid x2 pros and cons