Rooting..??

spinemechanic

Reaction score
Just curious.. I am new to the droid scene.. what is footing and how will it benefit me to do this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
No offense, but try google searching 'android rooting benefits' or 'why root droid' or anything along those lines lol :p

Well long story short, root provides you with the equivalent of administrator access on windows, which by default you dont have.

Root is required for a large amount of powerful apps, mainly based around the techy poweruser, some of the noteworthy ones include Titanium backup, setcpu, and alogcat.

Most importantly though, rooting lets you install a custom recovery mode, which lets you make a system restore point of sorts in case **** happens.

If you're wanting to root, just check out the tutorial that is stickied at the top of the D2G forum :)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious.. I am new to the droid scene.. what is footing and how will it benefit me to do this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Faster phone, more options as far as tethering and so on, longer lasting battery life, customization options such as themes and ROM's....or both :D, removal of bloatware.....should I continue?

If you're wanting to root, just check out the tutorial that is stickied at the top of the D2G forum :)

or just follow the links in my signature. I can help you if you need.