Rooting

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
I have been reading about rooting my Fascinate for about six months now and I have the z4root app, I think it is, I have the DL30 ROM and I have everything on my phone backed up on my sd card. I was wondering both if I'm ready and if I could ever go back to stock if I wanted. Please help, it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Of course all you would have to do is a factory reset either in your phone settings or in clockwork.

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Can that still be traced? Or would Verizon be able to know I've previously rooted?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A factory reset actually won't get you back to stock. It will leave you rooted and if you're on a Rom it will leave you on that Rom. However you can make a system backup in clockwork and restore that to get back to stock and then unroot.

tappin and a talkin

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Since I have the app and it unroots would I be able to use my stock rom if I just store that as a .zip file like the DL30 rom I have? I also have titanium back up and rom manager

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly right!

A factory reset actually won't get you back to stock. It will leave you rooted and if you're on a Rom it will leave you on that Rom. However you can make a system backup in clockwork and restore that to get back to stock and then unroot.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Okay. So factory resetting after unrooting and then having everything back up if possible?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes. Root only grants superuser permissions to change things, it doesn't actually change anything itself. Id recommend using ROM Manager to flash Clockwork and making your backups there vs in ROM Manager. Clockworkmod will put your backup on your SD card so, as long as you can boot into it, you can restore your backup.

Since I have the app and it unroots would I be able to use my stock rom if I just store that as a .zip file like the DL30 rom I have? I also have titanium back up and rom manager

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Awesome. I saw in my rom manager app that I will have access to clockworkmod so I think I'll get started on it right now. I'll leave an update on this post for my results or if I have further questions. Thank you very much for your guys' help. =]

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yes. Root only grants superuser permissions to change things, it doesn't actually change anything itself. Id recommend using ROM Manager to flash Clockwork and making your backups there vs in ROM Manager. Clockworkmod will put your backup on your SD card so, as long as you can boot into it, you can restore your backup.

DroidForums Junkie!!

You need to read the walkthroughs that are posted in the Fascinate Forum. You cannot simply flash cwm from rom manager initially, it won't work.
Everything you need is right there. There are even full images to appy w/ Odin that will take you back to stock, no root, as if you just took it out of the box.
Best of Luck.
btw you want EB01 not DL30(buggy), EB01 also has an updated modem(radio) file.

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Okay then. I was just going to use Kaos' DL30 leak.

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Oh wait, I have the EA28 update, is that okay to use?

OP
X

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
I know that but if I use all of what I have to root now, do I have to go back to DL09 or can I stay at EA28 to root to 2.2?