Rooting

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Is there a way yet to root with out a computer my phone serves as mine now I wanna root but can't seem to find a easy way

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Kas84

Reaction score
What steps do I need to take to root my phone? How do you choose from different ROMS and know which ones are any good. As you can tell, I am new at this so I will probably wait a few months to do it I was just curious. As always, thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Just read through the D4 hacks sections. Rooting is as simple as downloading a program on your computer, connecting your phone, and running that program. ROMs are more involved. Its still really early, so the few ROMs Ive read about still have some bugs. Also, there is no way to unbrick your phone right since there is no recovery image, so its very risky ROMing your phone.

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
You can use "unlock root" or "super one click root". Those are windows software. After you install one of them, enable your device USB debugging. Now connect it to the PC via USB cable. Now click that windows application "Root" button and wait for few minutes.
Unlock root guide:- How to One click root android phone, tablet easily.
Super one click root guide:- How to One step one click rooting android phone, tablets.

Unlock root support devices list:- Devices List -- Unlock Root of Android
Unlock Root of Android

Super one click root:- SuperOneClick | shortfuse.org

Last edited:

dhaynes

Reaction score
Ok i got superoneclick and i get to after reboot and at step 7 it stops on waitfordevice i need help with this i really wanna root my droid 4

Kas84

Reaction score
Ok i got superoneclick and i get to after reboot and at step 7 it stops on waitfordevice i need help with this i really wanna root my droid 4

Go to youtube and search for Droid 4 root. I think it's the second video. It's seriously a 5 minute process. Very simple. I just did it myself and it was easy as anything. First you install recent Moto drivers, dl and unzip the Motofail file, select "run" (while your phone is connected to your PC via the USB) and let the program work its magic. Your phone will reboot two times and then your finished.

dhaynes

Reaction score
So if it doesn't have a download to click on does that mean that the application doesn't support the device yet

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

ftajeffrey

Reaction score

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Razr yesterday for the wife, so I am looking for the easiest root method for 2.36. Have seen 2 so far,

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198057-2-3-6-now-has-root-method.html, which would you suggest?

And, which has the best way to go backwards after you go forwards, just need to know... Thanks

Use the utility ...its loaded with all you need to root and revert to stock if need be.. make sure you have the latest moto drivers.. they are in there as well I believe..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

Blackwater

Reaction score
I got my Razr yesterday too. I used the utility. It worked like a champ. I even installed VooDoo but it did not work for me. I rooted last night and froze all the bloatware on my Razr. I got the OTA today and it took and broke root. VooDoo would not restore it. I just re-rooted with the utility and life is all good again!

Logan3824

Reaction score
Picked up the Razr yesterday for the wife, so I am looking for the easiest root method for 2.36. Have seen 2 so far,

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198057-2-3-6-now-has-root-method.html, which would you suggest?

And, which has the best way to go backwards after you go forwards, just need to know... Thanks

Like everyone said, use Matt's utility since its by far the easiest and most simple. Once you install root and either bootstrap or safestrap(I recommend safestrap) then make yourself a backup just incase you want to do anything else!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: