Rooting

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Wow lol he let me jailbreak my ipod which cost more than phone. Is rooting less risk than jailbreaking?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
And I jtaged my xbox which is similar so I will try that and tell you the outcome

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Show him the link in my signature, that will show him how easy rooting is on the Droid X, and how harmless it really is, I mean, you can't actually brick an X... So yeah, that should be a good reason. :)

Or just do it, without saying anything. Heck, my dad didn't know what Android was! Haha.

datsyuk

Reaction score
Went to root my brother's Droid 2 for him little while ago. Used the DoRootWin method, worked fine. Got it rooted, installed ROM Manger (it won't reboot in clockwork?) Found Droid2Strap or something, flashed the recovery and it rebooted into clockworkmod, I installed ApeX ROM, booted about twice now it's stuck in the Motorola logo.

Help? lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you wipe data and cache before installing?

DroidForums Junkie!!

datsyuk

Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

I think I forgot before installing the ROM, I went back to do it after though, wiped both, reinstalled the ROM and have been stuck on the logo since. Can't get back into recovery I see the droid with the ! sign.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Are you holding "up" or "x" on the keyboard + power to get to recovery? How did you dl'd the ROM?

DroidForums Junkie!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

I think I forgot before installing the ROM, I went back to do it after though, wiped both, reinstalled the ROM and have been stuck on the logo since. Can't get back into recovery I see the droid with the ! sign.

Seems you may have lost root access which is not uncommon with the one click methods

datsyuk

Reaction score
Ok. Are you holding "up" or "x" on the keyboard + power to get to recovery? How did you dl'd the ROM?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Through ROM Manager. I held x and it wouldn't boot into a recovery. Luckily I tried holding up the dpad and am able to access RSD Lite on my PC. I am going to try and flash the sbf 2.3.20 file I found from that thread.

You're going have to excuse me guys I'm used to my Droid 1 :D

Does ROM Manager and clockwork usually work no problem on the Droid 2?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Before you sbf, press enter on the physical keyboard (I think) at the exclamation mark and see if it takes you into stock recovery. mwhartman is probably right too.

DroidForums Junkie!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

Through ROM Manager. I held x and it wouldn't boot into a recovery. Luckily I tried holding up the dpad and am able to access RSD Lite on my PC. I am going to try and flash the sbf 2.3.20 file I found from that thread.

You're going have to excuse me guys I'm used to my Droid 1 :D

Does ROM Manager and clockwork usually work no problem on the Droid 2?

NP, have in there and yes CW will work on the D2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it was a bad dl'd from ROM Manager..? Seen that a lot lately.

DroidForums Junkie!!