Rooting

DrPepper721

Reaction score
I'm really kinda new to rooting but I get the basics and I really want to root my Charge. I am running the stock FP1 and I'm trying to find a way to root my phone. It will be nice if someone can show me a video or a good description of how to root my Charge.

lildeus

Reaction score
Okay I'm about to root my Droid Bionic but I love to know how do things without bricking my phone like how to flash roms and all that other stuff
Quickest response would be awesome

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Whats going on everyone.. I am stuck in a dilemma.. Does anyone know how to root an LG Optimus F7 for boost mobile?? The one click root doesn't work..

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I don't know if your phone is a smartphone, or one set up specifically for Boost, as most of those are only designed to be used on the iDEN network (which is being shut down as I understand ).
Boost does NOT work with smartphones, as the architecture is not designed to support the feature set of smartphones, so I doubt you will be able to make your device work.
The iDEN class of phones has a strict usage, and every one I have owned and used has never been close to the features most smartphones include. Software and firmware are the two drivers behind this, as are the main processors and support logic, and then the RF system and subsystems.

All the talk I get from the two way radio market suggests that iDEN is on the way out....If not, they are certainly NOT a major player today, as they were just a few short years ago.
You can checkout current and past issues of Urgent Communications (Mobile Radio technology, or MRT) and find news about this as well as advertisements from Sprint and Kyocera (supplier).
Motorola was a huge supporter of iDEN, and was the main force behind the iDEN 'movement' when they were popular.
With the advent of the smartphone, Boost and Sprint have turned a blind eye to the iDEN network.
Boost is the prepaid service of Sprint, geared towards the younger crowd, with ads showing youths using Boost mobile as 'the' phone for their rather ridiculous 'where you at' commercials..

The i530 was geared towards contractors, for their rugged design and clamshell construction and that ever noticeable yellow case, then came the i570 with more 'refined' attributes and features....and the history of this 'show' continues.
The older i355 and so on continue to show up, but many can be purchased in bulk lots for pennies.

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Oh ok, I guess that explains it then. I do thank you alot for sharing that information my friend, appreciate it!!!

harryvince

Reaction score
IDEN Boost rap details

I came across this discussion while researching to root my phone. Having been an iden device user in the past I thought I would share some info I've acquired in my sprint adventures.
Nextel was the Iden service provider. Nextel bought Sprint or vice verse. The new sprint then offered iden and cdma network devices, boost also offered iden devices, not surprising as boost is a wholly owned subsidiary of sprint. Boost phones now, including the LG F7 smartphone, are all cdma devices operating on the Sprint network. Virgin Mobile is also owned by sprint and utilizes cdma tech. Sprint/Boost/Virgin have all greatly improved with their move away from Wimax 4g to 4g LTE.

The Boost LG F7 is a 4g LTE smartphone on sprints network. To respond to the original post asking about rooting the device, yes, it can be rooted. There is however a software update coming from LG so you might want to wait until the update is finished before you root the phone.

I can't remember the dates for all of this but iden is going away.

vince