Rooting

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
They do the exact same thing. Z4 just does it all for you.

tappin and a talkin

oh sweet haha that'll make it super easy...if i could find a link to download the app though...

and after i download it i just run it and that is it, no need to have another file or something on the phone? (then once its rooted get bootstrap)

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
[APP] z4root - xda-developers
You can get z4root there. As for the process all you have to do is hot the root button and it will do the rest. Then yes you can get the bootstrapper

tappin and a talkin

great thanks

one last question to make sure...i know you said this app does the same thing as the guide would get me so that includes: busybox, su, Superuser.apk, and rageinthecag correccttt?:laugh:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can get z4root there. As for the process all you have to do is hot the root button and it will do the rest. Then yes you can get the bootstrapper

tappin and a talkin

great thanks

one last question to make sure...i know you said this app does the same thing as the guide would get me so that includes: busybox, su, Superuser.apk, and rageinthecag correccttt?:laugh:

Yeppers it will do all of that.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes. SU is superuser.

tappin and a talkin

great thanks

DroidForums junkie!!

draneo

Reaction score
I just rooted my X today with z4root. That was easy, took about 3 min including the download to pc and transfer to sd.

So now I want to freeze some bloatware. What do I need to do this?

Sent from my Droid X

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To do it safely you'll need either root explorer or titanium backup. TB is way easier imo

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Do NOT uninstall the bloat as that can cause a lot of issues down the road. Freeze with TB instead. You have to get TB Pro to freeze apps though.

To do it safely you'll need either root explorer or titanium backup. TB is way easier imo

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help on this thread guys!
I probably would've never even attempted to root without people on Droidforums here to help me :)