Rooting

nemisis9

Reaction score
Is there an easy simple way to root..everything I've looked at on youtube seems confusing and hard..is there just a way to hook up the phone to a site that all ready has all of what u need in a file and go from there

Sent from my DROID2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can just use z4root from XDA. I just rooted my gf's D2 with it a few days ago and it worked flawlessly! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
nemisis9

nemisis9

Reaction score
Is that an app or is there a website I need to go to.

Sent from my DROID2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Z4root is the app, xda is the website. Google is the easiest way to find it. How much research have you done on rooting?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
nemisis9

nemisis9

Reaction score
Not much that's way I'm kinda weary of doing it..I want to put a diff os on here..juat trying to get some input on it from this site

Sent from my DROID2

OP
nemisis9

nemisis9

Reaction score
Rom I think...whatever the droid comes with moto blur I think..i m wondering if its worth changing. So rom and os aren't the same

Sent from my DROID2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html
Read both of those links THOROUGHLY before doing anything. Don't want your next thread to be another "I think I bricked my phone...please help!!!!!" thread. A lot of users just use one-click apps without knowing what happened and that's a bad thing!
No, OS and ROM aren't the same thing. There are ROMs that remove Blur and all of the bloatware. I hear really great things about Squidlymandingo's ROMs!
I know that link is for the D1 but it has a heap of information that applies to any device.

DroidForums junkie!!