Rooting X before or after

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Just bought 2 X's Saturday and would love to root/debloat both. They already received the ota for camera which I believe means I cannot use the Pwnmymoto method. My question is whether it would be better to root now or wait till KK 4. 4 arrives?
Does it even matter?
Thanks
Siouxsie

Sent from somewhere down the rabbit hole.

lowvolt

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. If you root now, you won't be able to take 4.4 update anyway. If you don't root and take 4.4 you will have to wait for an exploit to root.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you root you can probably get a taste of 4.4 soon in the form of a rom and later in a form of a stock rom.

But either way the most important thing you should ask is why you want to root. If your only purpose for rooting is for 4.4 then wait. But if you love to roms and run mods root.

lowvolt

Reaction score
What carrier? If your on vzw. Then you can't unlock your boot loader so flashing a 4.4 ROM will be difficult

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What carrier? If your on vzw. Then you can't unlock your boot loader so flashing a 4.4 ROM will be difficult

hmm didnt think about that I am guessing the dev edition may be the way to go for people wanting to rom

[ROM] [VZW] [DEVELOPER EDITION] Unoficial CM-10.2 by Dhacker29 - xda-developers

but maybe just maybe their is hope for vzw

[ROM][ATT][4.4]Kitkat 140.44.3.ghost_att + root for locked bootloader [UPDATED] - xda-developers

But from the looks of it x users could start seeing 4.4 roll out soon provided verizon do not perform one of its long drawn out testing sessions that they are known for.

OP
Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I root, therefore I am. NO wait. That isn't it. Srsly the reason I root is 1)DeBloat all the garbage VZW forces, 2) to gain "control" over My device, 3) to try out rom's, and 4) just because I like to "take things apart and see what's inside" so-to-speak.
But read this morning that KitKat rolls today. So guess I will wait and see for now.
Wish I'd gone for Dev model now.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I root, therefore I am. NO wait. That isn't it. Srsly the reason I root is 1)DeBloat all the garbage VZW forces, 2) to gain "control" over My device, 3) to try out rom's, and 4) just because I like to "take things apart and see what's inside" so-to-speak.
But read this morning that KitKat rolls today. So guess I will wait and see for now.
Wish I'd gone for Dev model now.

Seriously on kit Kat? Is that just the soak test that is rolling?

lowvolt

Reaction score
Seriously on kit Kat? Is that just the soak test that is rolling?

Just checked for available updates. Its downloading. Oops. Have to decide now.