Rooting with new JB update?

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Ok, guys. Another dumb question about rooting. I, too, want to root primarily for wifi. Do all apps work normally after rooting (except FoxFi of course ... not needed anymore)?

Thanks in advance.

Yes they do

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, guys. Another dumb question about rooting. I, too, want to root primarily for wifi. Do all apps work normally after rooting (except FoxFi of course ... not needed anymore)?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no pro, but I believe all rooting does is get you access to files on the phone that you are not normally permitted to access. I recently rooted for WiFi/Bluetooth tethering, and there is nothing else different. The phone acts just like before rooting.

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jimbach13

Reaction score
Thanks for the rooting info! Was an easy process. I do have one question: The video said to turn on the battery saver in the smart actions during the process. After rooted, can I turn that off? Or does that need to stay on? Also, would an FDR unroot the phone? Just curious. Thanks!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Yes, no. You need to turn on tethering by d/l sqlite. Did you already see the instructions on how to use it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the rooting info! Was an easy process. I do have one question: The video said to turn on the battery saver in the smart actions during the process. After rooted, can I turn that off? Or does that need to stay on? Also, would an FDR unroot the phone? Just curious. Thanks!

As greyghost04 said, it's not necessary to keep battery saver on once the root process is performed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

willie321

Reaction score
After hemming and hawing about rooting, I took the plunge today! I just want to say a big thank you for giving me the push to root. The wife's Kindle is good to go, when we are on the road and when the hotels charge for wifi. Like the poster several above said the entitlement is around line 160 and has a different name than the video.