Rooting with 9.01?

rdgxray

Reaction score
Is there a way to root with 9.01 ota yet? If not can info on this happening in the future be posted here pls

mattyj724

Reaction score
I need this too. Not willing to go back to 893 or w/e....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

B

bens42608

I need this too

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I was 43v3r rooted, when I updated. I retained root going into .901

Only thing is can tell you.

So bumping....

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I look forward to news of this as well i used the 901 one click method. Root would be fun to try out and get to know.

B

bens42608

Bump bump bump.... somebody definitely knows the answer to this. Someone please grace us with your wit, for many of us are obviously interested. Thanks

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I retained root as well updating. Sorry

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC

Reaction score
No way as of yet to root .901. You must have applied forever root before upgrading. You can go back with one click it installs forever root and then puts you back on .901.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mesabandit

Reaction score
I was running the .893 soak test from Verizon and was plagued by black screen of deaths. I ran the forever root and updated to .901. The .901 fixed my bsod problem but I lost my root along the way and I need that for my WiFi tether. So I spent 3 hours last night running "path" and "fixcdt" to get back to .893 without root. And another hour trying to get rooted in .893 again before I gave up and went to bed. Not to highjack this thread but just to let everyone reading it know being forever rooted doesn't mean 100% you'll carry that root into .901.

Reaction score
B

bens42608

Haven't tried it yet but thanks for the answer

mesabandit

Reaction score
B.E.McAllister, sorry I took so long to return reply but I had to do all the things I wasn't doing while I was fixing my phone. Yes it's fixed and rooted with ROTA893 so thank you for your help. So now do I go back to .901 again and see if it holds root this time, or wait to see if the BSOD return first? That is the question of the day.