Rooting with 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droidarola, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I waited for the new 2.2 update and I told myself if 2.2 doesn't make the phone any faster like i want it to (to run PSX FF7 smoothly) I was going to root. But now i just thought of it, am I able to root with 2.2 update installed? if not is there a way to roll back to 2.1? p.s. I have a moto droid

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You installed the 2.2 stock and now you want the rooted 2.2? I don't know that you can root 2.2, I don't think anyone has come up with a process for it. I know there are 2.2 Froyo out there that is already rooted.

Try installing SPRecovery using this: Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Once you get SPRecovery then grab P3's new rooted 2.2 file and install it. It will root your Droid for you.

3. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i figured it was going to be faster i kept hearing comments saying the phone is going to be 2-5 times faster and so on, but whenever i play my psx games it runs the same as before, at times its smooth but then slows downs randomly

4. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    where do i get p3's 2.2 root file

5. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im guessing its bugless's rom, if so im already downloading it no turning back

6. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    officially rooted finally figured it out thanks! Seemed a little weird rolling back to 2.1 in order to root to 2.2 from 2.2 stock. I rooted my co-workers droids when they didn't get the update and it worked so smoothly.

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You never needed to roll back to 2.0.1 to update to 2.2….

But at lest you got it working. :)

8. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh, oh well, its running 1.25 crazy fast now I have no clue why I didn't do this earlier, I guess I felt scared of bricking my phone but I read somewhere that it is very very hard to brick a moto droid people have tried everything to brick it and no luck. So that made me very comfortable and I'm already tech savvy so I just followed directions watched videos, researched roms and bam! lol

9. madroid1

madroid1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I have 2.2 update now. I would like to put custom roms on my phone and overclock. I rooted once from 2.1 to 2.2 but had 2nd thoughts and unrooted to wait for 2.2. now how can I put on custom rom.

10. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like hookbill said check out this video...

Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

SPRecover your phone, I think someone told me I didn't have to do it but I did anyways.

Becareful though it seems a little weird when you do, with my droid it said i had a dead battery (from full) and no service at all after the recovery thats when you go into that boot menu (holding X while booting) and load the root that you want and so on. Basically I just followed that video up there to flash back and then theres a part 2 on how to root your phone, I picked BB 0.4 and then P3 to overclock.

11. madroid1

madroid1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

that is exactly what happend to me first time I rooted. I got the dead battery and no service. it kept FC 2.2. So i unrooted the next day. I thought I screwed up.

12. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yea I'm guessing its a small compatible issue. I thought I couldn't go back so I just went on with the root and perfectly did it. So worth the sweatin' I was doing thinking I was going to brick it. But I read that it's nearly impossible to brick the Droid