1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting which rom?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by frozty, Apr 12, 2010.

1. frozty

frozty New Member

I think I'm going to root my room, I know it voids my warranty but I have insurance on and know the "Evil" of rooting. I would like to get more battery life out of my Droid I just got it 3 days ago I tried different battery apps and whatnot and its been fully charged but still its lasts no longer than 5-6 hours when I'm using it. I heard that apps make your droids battery life last way longer.

I love to constantly download apps, music, and other stuff. is there a ROM that fits me?
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Try them all and see which one fits your likes the best. :p There are tons of good ROMs out there, and different people have different experiences with different ROMs. So your best bet is to try a few.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Cup's advice is good advice. Keep trying until you find one that you like and works well on your phone.

Mike
  4. frozty

frozty New Member

I have one more question also Is there a easy way to back up all my original files in case I want to revert. Or upgrade SD cards
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I believe that Astro will on non rooted phones. If your phone is rooted then Titanium is the app for you.

Mike
  6. pullmehome

pullmehome New Member

If your phone is new give the battry a chance. When I got mine the battery was awful so right away I got a second one to crry with me, but after a few battery cycles it got better. Now I hardly use my backup battery. Also I tried every rom that is on this site and all were very good, but I actually went back to stock, but I kept root so I could use barnacle wifi tether and a few other root only apps. In my two to three week period of trying other roms and overclock kernals and suck I went back after my GF got a droid and I noticed that her stock oem droid was much snappier than mine was running any rom. If you do want a rom tho I would recommend simply stunning, by far the one I had the best experience with or if you are new try rom manager after obtaining root. I definitely like my stock 2.1 rom with root priveledges. No fc's snappy as hell i just looks slightly less pretty. Also for battery life make sure your brightness is down except in very sunny areas and check your battery use in settings>phone info to see what you could cut back on to save some.