Rooting, what to expect?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Locki, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Locki

Locki New Member

Droid Razr Maxx user Model XT912 4.0.4 System Version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

I've got probably the same reasons as most for wanting to root my phone. WiFi teathering, removing Verizon's useless apps, and add blocking.
    I've all ready read this forum about 5 times and downloaded the app.

So I've got a few questions first that I really haven't seen answered on the forums or haven't seen yet...
    How hard is it to revert back to the original factory settings? You know trading in the phone kind of crap.

I also read about some people being suprised with all of a sudden getting charged for wifi tethering even though they rooted their phone how do i prevent this o make sure not to? I used Foxfi for quite a while with no problem then the guy wanted money and I figured he can take a flying leap not that I have a problem with paying for an app but it really grinds my gears when after a long period of it getting great reviews for being free the guy turns around wanting money without improving some of the programs short coming.

Lastly how likely is someone to brick a phone, it really seems like its WAY more safe to do this then say 5 years ago. I would have never thought to root a phone before.

Thanks guys.

:::EDIT:::

O ya do I need to backup my contacts and crap first and if I do how would a guy go about doing that as hassle free as possible.
  2. Locki

Locki New Member

No response eh? Well thanks for all the rest of the info on the site. I'll move on.