Rooting vs stock

lburley7

Reaction score
Would rooting my phone help the speed and some issues with apps closing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Would rooting my phone help the speed and some issues with apps closing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The speed depending on what you do after rooting, more than likely yes you can get a some more performance out of it.

Apps force closing, that shouldn't happen stock. Rooting probably won't help your with this. This could be an issue with the app itself or your phone is having issues.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not in and of itself. It's really the custom ROM's and such that improve performance.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not in and of itself. It's really the custom ROM's and such that improve performance.

Wrong. You don't need a custom ROM to improve performance. Performance improvements (as far as speed) are because of the kernel, and any other battery saving techniques, or memory management tweaks can all be done with root alone. No need to install a full ROM.

DroidDoctor

Reaction score

Wrong. You don't need a custom ROM to improve performance. Performance improvements (as far as speed) are because of the kernel, and any other battery saving techniques, or memory management tweaks can all be done with root alone. No need to install a full ROM.

Agreed. The ability to remove bloatware and tweak settings "locked" because some tech at Verizon says so, can be quite helpful.

I didn't want to root my phone because I keep hoping there will be a hotfix for wifi stability at some point.

But for the same reasons OP mentions, as well as removing social networking and some other garbage, I may be forced to do it soon ;)

- DD