Rooting Thunderbolt After Gingerbread Update is it possiable?

mBrane

Reaction score
Which rooting tool for Verizon's GB 2.3.4 release?

So, given that the new Verizon GB release also has a new radio, are there any special considerations when rooting a 2.3.4 Thunderbolt? Is a downgrade recommended or necessary to use some of the rooting tools out there?

Better yet, which tool (Revolutionary?) works without a downgrade? Please advise. Thx!

Shine52

Reaction score
I just recently roooted after the OTA and have had no problems. I used Revolutionary and it was pretty simple.

SlamminCam

Reaction score
Do you think that it would be a problem to apply the OTA update while being rooted?

DjBlue31

Reaction score
so ive done all the steps. got the radio and zip file, flashed both, and the phones not rooted.. need some help..

DjBlue31

Reaction score
so i followed all the steps as to rooting,
i have the radio file and zip file flashed and the phone isnt rooted.
and it also isnt being recongnized in revolutionary anymore..
just says waiting for device..
any help please??

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Make sure you are on usb debugging. If you are, trying unselecting then reselecting usb debugging. Revolutionary works flawless for rooting gb. I've already done it immediately after I grabbed the update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DjBlue31

Reaction score
still says waiting for device.. also, which file do i load onto the root of the SD? the radio or RUU? ive done it both ways and its gotten me no where.
and after it goes thru recovery, what do i do correctly.. im just doing a bunch of stuff. (thats how i eventually rooted my Revolution 2.2)

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
you did install the HTC drivers right? it's not going to see the phone unless you do...

also, you load the RUU file to the root of the SD card during the root (you'd load the radio file there too, but that's after the root process since you have to select it's .zip file to flash it, but don't worry about it if you're not rooted yet). but you don't really need the radio if you've already done the recent GB OTA. I did the GB OTA last week, and just rooted mine last night with Rev, and it worked flawlessly (and much faster than I thought it would been). the original rom worked great rooted, but my entire intention on rooting was to flash BAMF 1.0.9 and get Sense 3.0, and I've done that already and it too is working flawlessly, and I haven't touched any radio files at all

I say reinstall the HTC drivers, make CERTAIN the phone is in debug mode (settings -> apps -> USB debugging mode CHECKED), plug the phone in and let windows autodetect it and make the connection, then right click on the Rev app and click "run as administrator" and see what happens then

DjBlue31

Reaction score
drivers are installed correctly, the phone is recognized, debug mode is on, it went into hboot. loaded the renamed RUU file successfully, (had trouble hitting the volume up botton, mine doesnt seem to work that great) but got it to update. when finished, i immediately downloaded the root checker and superuser. and i do not have root access.. this would be the 6th time ive flashed my phone.. (only had the TBolt for 5days) (had Revolution before)

DjBlue31

Reaction score
well i figured out the problem, since i was trying methods from different sites, i mixed up the Rooted RUU file, and the stock GB file.. so i kept flashing into the stock rom. i started from step 1, redownloaded the files, and it is currently rooted and good to go. thanks for the patience of my hicup.
Loving this phone so much more than my LG Revolution. Thanks guys