Rooting the ics leak

jonpearson

Reaction score
Ok so after doing a lot of reading I feel confident about rooting my Rezound. I have a couple of questions: First can I root my phone since flashing the latest ics leak. And if so is there a root guide that I could follow. Thx in advance

HowardZ

Reaction score
The following procedure assumes that you have HTCdev unlocked your bootloader and can boot up Ramon RA recovery (or Clockworkmod recovery).

Step 1: Do NOT install Superuser nor its su file. With GB, one would use Ramon RA Recovery's menu item to install Superuser and su. However, even the latest beta version of Superuser and its su will NOT work on HTC ICS phones. So, step 1 is to UNinstall Superuser if you have installed it.

Step 2: Download the zip file for SuperSU, and place it on the top level directory on your SD card. SuperSU is a competing application and su which does the same job as Superuser. SuperSU and SuperUser is totally incompatible with each other and thus one must not have both installed. I downloaded the SuperSU zip file from XDA Developers forum. My copy is here: http://db.tt/p7CerMda

Step 3: Boot up Ramon RA Recovery (or Clockworkmod recovery), and flash the SuperSU zip file.

Rooting is now done.
Success
Shake someone's hand
Profit

Regards,

Howard

Last edited:

XtremeOne

Reaction score
The following procedure assumes that you have HTCdev unlocked your bootloader and can boot up Ramon RA recovery (or Clockworkmod recovery).

Step 1: Do NOT install Superuser nor its su file. With GB, one would use Ramon RA Recovery's menu item to install Superuser and su. However, even the latest beta version of Superuser and its su will NOT work on HTC ICS phones. So, step 1 is to UNinstall Superuser if you have installed it.

Step 2: Download the zip file for SuperSU, and place it on the top level directory on your SD card. SuperSU is a competing application and su which does the same job as Superuser. SuperSU and SuperUser is totally incompatible with each other and thus one must not have both installed. I downloaded the SuperSU zip file from XDA Developers forum. My copy is here: http://db.tt/p7CerMda

Step 3: Boot up Ramon RA Recovery (or Clockworkmod recovery), and flash the SuperSU zip file.

Rooting is now done.
Success
Shake someone's hand
Profit

Regards,

Howard

Howard, how unistallad superuser? Thnx :)