Rooting the Droid X?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Is it true that the Droid X might never be rooted, or that it'll take months because of the signed bootloader?

Just wanted to know, as I plan on getting one, but might change my mind if this is true.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the Droid X might never be rooted, or that it'll take months because of the signed bootloader?

Just wanted to know, as I plan on getting one, but might change my mind if this is true.

I doubt it, but you never know how long it will take before a new droid is rooted.

bizzshow

Reaction score
i beleive it will get rooted but loading custom roms may be a different question

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But if it is rooted, and even if u cant put custom ROMs on, would there be a way to get rid of Blur? Or cripple it, disable it? I would hate to find out general use performance takes a hit just cuz of Blur and u cant disable it.

Jeepzilla

Reaction score
New Guy here.... I am gonna get the phone on the 15th
can someone please link or tell me what all this rooting does nd what is it?
also "Roms" sorry :( im a Blackberry and a Car wiz but ive never
had a droid phone>>> sorry 4 being a Newb

imail724

Reaction score
I'm somewhat familiar with rooting just from reading about it here, but I'm mostly in the same boat as Jeepzilla. Also, what's all the hooplah over motoblur?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's NOT motoblur, it just has some widgets for social networking.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some guy with a senseless post above me got his deleted so...my original post is no longer relevant.

Last edited:

borgey401

Reaction score
I heard it's already been rooted. Don't know if it's true but I dont know why someone would lie about that.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It will get rooted. The rumors about Moto locking down the bootloader will more than likely be proven wrong.

I have hard from a couple people that Moto doesn't care about the device being rooted and knows that it is a big draw.

Time will tell though.

Sent from my Droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It will get rooted. The rumors about Moto locking down the bootloader will more than likely be proven wrong.

I have hard from a couple people that Moto doesn't care about the device being rooted and knows that it is a big draw.

Time will tell though.

Sent from my Droid
Give me a rough general idea of who these secret "couple people" are 0.o

jaisin

Reaction score
I dont have a magical inside to the MOTO world of phones, but as google hands out base updates left n right like your neighborhood 'Drug pusher", I doubt the DX will be locked down. They need to "leak" the updates so the Dev's can show Google how to make the Roms better.
And if it is, There is wayyy too much intellegence on DF to not ROOT that monster.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Time will tell though.

Sent from my Droid
Give me a rough general idea of who these secret "couple people" are 0.o

We Would half to Kill you if we told you ;)