Rooting the Bionic

cvc42

Reaction score
hello

I am going to root my new Bionic soon, can I use Titanium Back up as well when I'm done, also anyone got a good teather app for a rooted Bionic ? I noticed with my X that when I tried to rent a movie via the market it denied me because my X was rooted any one kow of a way around that?

Thanks

Concistency

Reaction score
What do you mean can you "Use titanium backup"? You can use it as long as your rooted to backup apps on your phone. And I used this to use free tethering by using SQLite.

[video=youtube;Kd81xkBGBho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd81xkBGBho&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Very simple to do, enjoy! Hope this helped.

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
Hi

I rooted my Bionic today and downloaded Titanium Pro, I have the super user Icon but have no Titanium Backup Icon. Not sure what to make of this ? Phone shoes that the app is installed???

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
OOPPS forgot to download Titanium Back up first. Got tether up and running, is there a way to Freeze the phone so it wont take Verizon up dates ??

Thanks so much

Concistency

Reaction score
OOPPS forgot to download Titanium Back up first. Got tether up and running, is there a way to Freeze the phone so it wont take Verizon up dates ??

Thanks so much
What exactly do you mean "Verizon Updates"? Like OTA Updates? Not positive what you mean by freezing the phone.

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
Sorry I'm trying to make sure the phone does not accept or look for any Verizon software updates ie. operating system. I am rooted and I don't want to Brick the phone. Does that make sense ?

Concistency

Reaction score
Sorry I'm trying to make sure the phone does not accept or look for any Verizon software updates ie. operating system. I am rooted and I don't want to Brick the phone. Does that make sense ?
The only way you will brick it is if you remove bloatware and update. Be sure to be on the original if you do update. Your phone will not update automatically.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Alex

ripper2860

Reaction score
... is there a way to Freeze the phone so it wont take Verizon up dates ??

Thanks so much

There's a post somewhere on this forum that mentions you can stop auto-receiving of OTA updates from Moto/VZ by freezing the update service with TB Pro. May want to do a little more research as to the specifics, but it can be done.

Last edited: