Rooting suggestion!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shawt15, Nov 3, 2010.

1. shawt15

shawt15 New Member

i kno this is a completely different operating system than iphone/ipod touch but it would be awesome if someone would develop an app similar to Cydia for the rooted Android phones.

now for all of you kno don't know, Cydia is the basic app for jailbroken iphones/ipod touches...similar to the Superuser all rooted users have. but Cydia is MUCH MUCH more than just a superuser permission..it allows you to download and manage anything from a new dock to a new theme to a new keyboard. it has EVERYTHING you could ever think of for an iphone and you can change just about anything. thats why jailbreaking is so appealing.
    maybe i want an ice theme for my icons, but a Volcom slider on my lockscreen...well download "ice theme" and "volcom sliders" open up Winterboard(theming application) enable them both, and there you go! you have exactly what you have been looking for!

now, the point of rooting is to have "Superuser permissions" and change whatever you want and open your phone, so why hasnt anyone created an app (like Cydia) to do just that? i'm no coder but i'm just giving some food for thought to some devs out there who wanna undertake a project like this (if it is even possible), and make all us rooted users very happy
  2. NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92 New Member

It would be much harder than doing that for an ipod or iphone because androids os has so many more phones than the apple os. That's just my thoughts.

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App
  3. preetb123

preetb123 New Member

Hi all,

I have All android SDK versions(from 1.5 to 2.3.3), and i tried many methods for getting root in android emulator. I don't use any android device and test everything on emulator(AVD).

below are my android versions and emulator specification::

Android SDK Version 1.5:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.27-00110-g132305e
    mikechan@cheetara #6
    Build Number:
    sdk-eng 1.5 CUPCAKE 150240 test-keys

Android SDK Version 1.6:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.29-00177-g24ee4d2
    veenstra@jackv)
    Build Number:
    sdk-eng 1.6 Donut 20842 test-keys

Android SDK Version 2.1 update1:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.29-00261-g0097074
    digit@digit#14
    Build Number:
    sdk-eng 2.1-update1 ECLAIR 35983 test-keys

Android SDK Version 2.2:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.29-00261-g0097074-dirty
    digit@digit#20
    Build Number:
    sdk-eng 2.2 FRF91 43546 test-keys

Android SDK Version 2.3.3:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.29-00261-g0097074-dirty
    digit@digit#20
    Build Number:
    sdk-eng 2.3.3 GRI34 101070 test-keys

I need to get root access in any one of the android emulator to use the 'iptables' and 'busybox' functionality. And to use iptables i must have root access. Atleast 'su' command should execute in the terminal emulator.

I also installed 'z4root' application, but it takes very long time and doesn't finish rooting, and gets stuck. some say that if we downgrade the system to below RC30, this way we can get root access...if this is true, then how to do this, i use both linux and windows OS.

please someone tell me any method to root my emulator...

i, very urgently need this. please please help.....

Thank you very much..!!