Rooting successful... but I still have questions.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Aben, May 22, 2011.

1. Aben

Aben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel like I have read a ton of different threads on rooting. I did root my phone and have installed the Liberty 2.0 ROM. I was messing around and there are a couple of things I don't understand. I've checked out countless forums directed to newbies like me and they've helped immensely. However there are still some things I simply don't understand. Mainly... the jargon.

I also installed droid overclock. My first question... What the heck is cpu and MHz? What should I put the settings to to optimize my droid? A super speedy droid would be sweet but sadly I'm not sure which settings get me there. Also.. what is a governor and why do I want one?

And finally, I was under the impression that liberty would give me total control in customizing my phone, such as themes and ui. How do I get said themes? I see there's a couple that come with it, but I was hoping for more options. Like how can I get different icons?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! A please, please! use layman's terms for the technologically retarded. I'm learning but I'm still struggling! Thanks!

2. cobjones

cobjones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To give you all that information it would take a very very long post.

Hit the pages here and at xda. There is everything you want to know already out there. Gey going and enjoy.

Sent from my DROID2

3. TSXXX

TSXXX Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Install the liberty toolbox from the market. It is a app specifically for the liberty rom and it will allow you to customize your rom A LOT! enjoy!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

4. Aben

Aben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips!