Rooting + Sim Unlock?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global Development' started by stereoactivo, Dec 25, 2011.

1. stereoactivo

stereoactivo New Member

Hi, I recently bought a Droid 2 Global, but I'm living outside the USA, and I can't use the phone :angry:

I want to know if I root and flash a ROM into it, Can I make calls with my phone? Thanks.
  2. millerjy

millerjy New Member

I currently live in Kuwait and I had issues with Verizon initially getting it unlocked all I could do was use it on wifi with google voice. I dont know much about how it works but once I got the correct code from Verizon global support it worked like a charm. I just updated it today and had to SBF it and was worried I would loose the unlock but it stayed. So the unlock function has to happen on a completely different level. I know when Verizon was giving me trouble I looked into other sites claiming they could crack the code but I dont know if they work.

Also if you do end up getting it to work and want to use data be sure to set your APN. It took me a few weeks and two carriers how to figure it out.

Best of luck

While looking on forum I came across this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...website-offering-working-d2g-unlock-code.html
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. red_baron

red_baron New Member

how to ask for unlock code from Verizon

I'm in the same situation :(

Can you tell me please how did you managed to get the correct code from Verizon?

Many thanks ahead!
Search tags for this page

does rooting unlock sim

does unrooting a phone carrier unlock it?

droid charge sim unlock

how to make a rooted phone sim unlock
rooting a phone to remove sim lock
rooting androin may unlock sim
sim unlock rooted android phone
sim unlock rooted verizon
sim unlocker for rooteappd bionic
unlock sim by rooting
unlock sim or root incredible two
unlock verizon sim on rooted android