Rooting Samsung Fascinate with 2.3.5 Firmware (Anyone have success and what method?)

Marty_Escarcega

Reaction score
I just did the OTA update to 2.3.5. I have not done a root prior. I am ready to Root, if only to get the Wireless Tethering and remove the unwanted apps. I want to hear from people that have successfully done it AFTER they did the 2.3.5 firmware update. I sure liked the idea and ease of Z4Root but it wouldn't work. I tried Diirks method, while it said the Exploit was a success, there were "failures" writing the directories.

There are many methods out there, many outdated or with broken links to the necessary files. Would be nice if someone did a step by step update and that it is proven to work with 2.3.5.

Thanks in advance for all the hardwork!
Marty

millwood

Reaction score
This was a post of mine from another site. I know this works as I have done it multiple times on both my phone and my wife's.

I have been able to do this on my wife's phone pretty easy and all I do it find a copy if CWM recovery (often called CWM all), a copy of update.zip, and the latest version if Odin. Use your factory USB cord and plug your phone into your PC. Let it install all the drivers. Once I stalled open your phone and mount the SD card so you can see it as a hard drive. Place the update.zip file on the SD card, but not in any folder. From there unhook your phone and power it down. Remove the battery and start Odin. Plug your USB part of the phone cord into the PC (don't connect it to the phone yet). Hold down the volume down button and power button while connecting the phone cord to the phone. You will see a yellow triangle and Droid on the screen. From there click the PDA button and find the CWM file you downloaded. Click start and let it do its thing. The phone will power down and you can then replace the battery and start your phone. I usually let my phone power up and then power it down again. After it is off you will then need to hold the volume up, volume down, and power button to boot into recovery. Once in Recovery you can choose the option to install update.zip. Let it do its thing and then reboot the phone. You should be good to go.

dlmvegas

Reaction score
I have Odin .34 version

This was a post of mine from another site. I know this works as I have done it multiple times on both my phone and my wife's.

I have been able to do this on my wife's phone pretty easy and all I do it find a copy if CWM recovery (often called CWM all), a copy of update.zip, and the latest version if Odin. Use your factory USB cord and plug your phone into your PC. Let it install all the drivers. Once I stalled open your phone and mount the SD card so you can see it as a hard drive. Place the update.zip file on the SD card, but not in any folder. From there unhook your phone and power it down. Remove the battery and start Odin. Plug your USB part of the phone cord into the PC (don't connect it to the phone yet). Hold down the volume down button and power button while connecting the phone cord to the phone. You will see a yellow triangle and Droid on the screen. From there click the PDA button and find the CWM file you downloaded. Click start and let it do its thing. The phone will power down and you can then replace the battery and start your phone. I usually let my phone power up and then power it down again. After it is off you will then need to hold the volume up, volume down, and power button to boot into recovery. Once in Recovery you can choose the option to install update.zip. Let it do its thing and then reboot the phone. You should be good to go.

I have even looked at .12 version and latest version of ODIN and have yet to see any PDA button. I assume you are talking about ODIN backup and restore software from Softonic.