Rooting rooky, looking for a good rom

walker77

Reaction score
I dont know what i want in a rom, ive never used a custom one before. I only root so i can tether my laptop when i am out of wifi range at school. But i dont like the current set up on my Maxx. I would love to find something like what came standard on my HTC Thunderbolt.

holla420

Reaction score
I dont know what i want in a rom, ive never used a custom one before. I only root so i can tether my laptop when i am out of wifi range at school. But i dont like the current set up on my Maxx. I would love to find something like what came standard on my HTC Thunderbolt.

u could try the ics leaked roms but since it may be dropping on the razr/maxx june 12th u mite wanna wait a week..lol but me i'm running the 75 leak and its great and fastboot backable to gb to receive the ota update whenever it drops

thefullmunty

Reaction score
I am absolutely dumbfounded, is it a bad thing that I have rooted my razr maxx and yet almost all of your post Holla was gibberish to me? I feel lost in this sea of freedom right now.

holla420

Reaction score
S N
I am absolutely dumbfounded, is it a bad thing that I have rooted my razr maxx and yet almost all of your post Holla was gibberish to me? I feel lost in this sea of freedom right now.

Hmm...how r u confused .I think rooting ur phone is the best thing anyone can do.gibberish???there r a lot of ics roms out there u have to do some reading up on.I was just saying u can try one of the ics leaked rom but then again Verizon will be releasing ics next week for the razr/razor maxx

droidcnj

Reaction score
u could try the ics leaked roms but since it may be dropping on the razr/maxx june 12th u mite wanna wait a week..lol but me i'm running the 75 leak and its great and fastboot backable to gb to receive the ota update whenever it drops

Im new to this also, I thought you couldn't go back to gb once updated to ics rom.

getting sick of vz/moto games, thinking about rooting and trying out a leaked rom. Currently running 2.3.6. if i'll be able to go back to 2.3.6 in case I don't like it, i'd love to try it out. Thanks.

holla420

Reaction score
Im new to this also, I thought you couldn't go back to gb once updated to ics rom.

getting sick of vz/moto games, thinking about rooting and trying out a leaked rom. Currently running 2.3.6. if i'll be able to go back to 2.3.6 in case I don't like it, i'd love to try it out. Thanks.

As long as u don't flash the 84/85 files or any of the 206 files u will be able to go back to GB.if u flash any of the files I listed u will not be able to flash back to GB it knock u off the path of receiving ota updates.but the 206 files and up is 4.0.4