1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting/romming droid incredible for better battery life

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by magnus7661, Mar 16, 2011.

1. magnus7661

magnus7661 New Member

hey, im very new to smart phones. me and my fiance just picked up our first ones a few weeks ago..i first got the fascinate, i liked it. especially the screen. then everyone was telling meto go back and get the droid x when it dropped down to the same price..i have to say im liking it..i rooted it with z4root and rommed it up with rubix focused and it was very easy. my fiance didnt want me to do it at first because of warranty issues but im sure i can fix it back to its original state if needed. she likes how long my battery lasts now and wants me to fix hers. the droid incredible on the other hand looks a little more complicated to root and rom. is there an easier way yet? something like z4root or no? also, what would be the best ROM to go with for best battery life? any help for a complete newb would be very appreciated. i know there are tutorials everywhere, i just didnt know which one would be the best/easiest.
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

I would simply suggest that you use google, and just click the first link you find, and the follow the instructions. The reason is because the best way to get better battery life is to install a custom rom and a custom kernel. Regardless of the way you root your phone, it's rooted! So use it to get a custom rom :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk