Rooting - Remove mspot?

djgdroid

Reaction score
I am getting ready to root my Dinc and was reading as many threads as I can. I know if I brick my phone, I'll spend more time explaining everything to my wife than I ever would have reading all the threads.

'Enlightened' mentioned that I will need to remove Dropbox from my PC, how about on my Dinc? I'm not sure why Dropbox has to be removed but since I have another app that is similar to Dropbox but it's for music called 'mspot'. Do I need to remove that from my PC also? If so do I need to remove MSPOT from my Dinc also?

Thanks for any help

OP
djgdroid

djgdroid

Reaction score
Why does 'Enlightened' mention in Step 1 item #4, to unplug your phone from USB? I don't see anything prior to #4 mentioning that I needed to plug in the USB into my phone in the first place. Is it just say that if it is plugged in for some reason, unplug it?

OP
djgdroid

djgdroid

Reaction score
Just an update, I'M ROOTED!!!! Kind of funny, I'm still not sure what to do now that I'm rooted, I'm just excited that it all went smoothly and I didn't brick my phone.

By the way, I only uninstalled dropbox from my PC and didn't uninstall anything from my phone.

Also I did not have to uninstall MSPOT for my PC. Thanks to Enlightened for the step by step tutorial.

Anyone looking to root, just make sure you understand each step the Enlightened goes thru.

I was concerned that when my phone was rooted it would look completely different but it looks exactly the same right now, I guess because I haven't gotten into any custom ROM's.