1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nerdkill, Feb 2, 2010.

1. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

I looked around and haven't really found the answers I'm looking for so here are all of my dumb questions.

If one was to "brick" their phone is there a way to restore like iTunes has?

If you root your phone and then you update to 2.1 is it then no longer rooted? And if so can you just re root it or is it no longer compatible.

Other than turning up the processor speed what are the practical reasons for rooting (not that it will matter I just want to do it)

I was reading the wifi tethering thread, is it just faster than pda net if you do that?

And this last one is more silly than anything. If I was to do the wifi tethering hack, can I use it like a wifi hot spot? I ask only because there are some internet dependent apps on my iPhone that I miss (like Pocket Tunes) and I think it would be amazing if I could use my Droid as a sort of life support for my crappy iPhone 3g.
  2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

this makes me happy.