1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting questions. Serious answers only!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kaosknox, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

Droid noob here but I have been doing my research and I need just a few questions answers....

1st If I decide to root, which I am looking seriously at doing, when froyo drops, and the offical update gets pushed to my phone what will that do to my phone? Will it override everything? Will I have to manually adjust things on that?
    2nd Which apps are a MUST once I root my phone, and I want the least the glitchy Rom I can get, and of course I want it to look good, and are most of the apps that I can download once I root paid? I have seen the overclock apps sells for like 3?
    3rd can someone again tell me the benefits or rooting, and I have never hacked anything, but I am looking at things and I am running vanilla Droid on 2.1 update 1 I have been looking things it doesnt look specifially that I can actually root that, if someone could provide me with the easiest step-by-step full proof rooting instructions that would be awesome.
    4th does anyone know anyone who has meesed up there phone by rooting? I am scared that I might brick the phone.
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Bababooey bababooey bababooey!
  3. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

Le sigh :(
  4. 713King

713King New Member

1. Don't be scared about rooting, the rooting process is so easy now,
    2.get rom manager, this will solve all the headaches when flashing recovery, and also changing roms or downloading roms. Id suggest to buy rom manager so you can get many more roms to try because only certain roms are on the free section and the others are on premium seection
    3. Get MyBackUp Pro its good to to back up data; txt messeges, bookmarks, applications, and many other things
    4. The benefits of rooting is that you can get 2.2 update already on your phone, they are better tweaked than the stock version of 2.2 that verizon will release. Try themes on your phone that will look awesome, oveerclock your phone.
  5. aminaked

aminaked New Member

To try to redeem myself...rooting also allows you to wireless tether, and you can remove bloatware.
  6. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

Thanks for the information but I still have two more questions...

1 what will happen 2.2 gets pushed through to my phone?
    2 what is the best step by step tutorial that they have out there for root from 2.1 to something else?
  7. 713King

713King New Member

You should be banned.
  8. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Rubber-band?
  9. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

and oh ok thats pretty neat about the wifi tethering, but I am still looking for the best how to step by step to root.
  10. 713King

713King New Member

The developers of rom disable that option so you won't get the notification, also there is a thread called "sbf to root and unroot"

Is this how all you guys get your 1 thousand post, posting crap and not helping?
  11. gavron

gavron New Member

These are all excellent questions and you are to be commended for bringing them up. Kudos to you for not trying to wade through all the crap that other people have wasted their time writing, so that you don't have to waste yours in doing silly things like searching or reading sticky threads.

Fortunately, not to worry. You can root. Use that one ROM, it's very glitzy and very cool looking. Also don't download the sucky apps. Stick to the good ones.

E
    P.S. We may not define glitzy or cool or sucky or good the same way, so I didn't list specific ones, but I'm sure since you said you did all that research you already have a pretty good idea¬°
  12. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

Lol sorry if I caused trouble.
  13. aminaked

aminaked New Member

For what, bababooey?

Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey Bababooey
  14. 713King

713King New Member

Lol another lame post and not helping the new guy, who cares if he said he did all the research
  15. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

You obviously have a lot more knowledge on the subject then I do, so why not try and help as opposed to being counter productive.

And does anyone know what happens if you root to 2.2 froyo, and then the offical update gets pushed to your phone?

713 king thanks for the information.....

And I have done a lot of research, I have been rooting since I got my phone, I have just never been comfortable with hacking a phone with the opportuninty of having an unsable device.

Addtionally if i I had done all the research I would not need these questions answered lol.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  16. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

That was supposed to say I have been thinking about rooting lol
  17. angler1

angler1 New Member

You shouldn't have started by saying you have done a lot of research than proceeded to ask questions that have been answered thousands (literally) of times. Good luck though.
  18. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

theres also like 52 thousand posts alone in the hacking section I have not gone through every single one.

Correct.
  19. kaosknox

kaosknox New Member

Figured out the 2.2 update information. Just looking for more information about rooting now. Thanks for whoever put the similiar posts down in the bottom unless that happens automatically...:)
  20. styx

styx New Member

Kaosknox, I have been using Bugless Beast V0.4 and absolutely love it. I have used BB since I first got my phone and Pete's stuff is A-1 top notch! If you have more specific questions you can always PM me. Rooting is a piece of cake and you can always go back to stock should the need arise.