Rooting question for the people in the know

posttal

Reaction score
Is the process I see on line for rooting the incredible the same AFTER the froyo 2.2 update.Or can you even root it after the 2.2 update.
I want to get rid of some of the running apps that verizon added with the new update and from what I have read the only way to do that is to root your phone.But eveything I see about rooting it on line pertains to the 2.1 software not the 2.2...Any advice or links would be appreciated.
Thanks

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking.All the root video's and postings I've run accross mention either rooting the old 2.1 firmware or rooting and installing 2.2.I don't see anything about rooting the OTA 2.2 update.Since the update I'm plagued with tons of apps running in the backround.and things like slacker radio running on its own.I deleted slacker radio..which I kinda liked..and gained a little of my battery life back but want to delete all the other junk that came in the 2.2 update.But I've been told you have to be rooted in order to delete verizon programs..and thats my dilemma.